Author Topic: France wants to ally with Microsoft for electronic library project  (Read 1486 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/26/2223244&tid=109&tid=103&tid=219

Oh, wonderful. Negociate in a position of weakness? As opposed to negociating with a convicted monopolist known for crushing hundreds of competitors? What I find so hypocritical is Chirac's pseudo-nationalism when he talks about cooperating with Microsoft as part of an 'alter ego' to an American project, as if Microsoft is somehow not just as American as Google.

I'm not saying that they should necessarily choose a French company, but they could make a better choice than Microsoft. :rolleyes:

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Wikisource shalt pwn them.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105

In the mind of the chief of state, it's a question of building an alter ego to the american project, before thinking of an eventual collaboration with Google, so as not to negotiate from a position of weakness. Would the president be ready to make a deal with Google's competitor, Microsoft, since he has so many views in common with its president, Bill Gates, whom he has long welcomed to the Elys
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Mandrake makes Linux distros. I don't think the issue here is operating systems.

Now, Wanadoo / France Telecom, on the other hand, could certainly have done the trick.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2005, 09:21 by laukev7 »