Author Topic: Genius need to help find and delete DLL file on C: drive  (Read 2307 times)

WaWAR_FA

• Kudos: 0
Re: Genius need to help find and delete DLL file on C: drive
« Reply #15 on: 4 February 2005, 19:07 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
I had a bit of trouble at first but Windows XP actually runs pretty smoothly on my machine. I've had no viruses/malware, no blue screen of deaths, no spontanious reboots. It's only locked up on me once in a year - it just locked up, the mouse cursor wouldn't even move!

I admit it, XP is not the best OS and I would like to upgrade to Linux but it doesn't fully support my hardware. I would change my hardware but I use some Windows programs for which there is no good Liuux equivalent and they won't run under Wine either. :( I will keep trying though - Linux is constantly improving and one day the software I use might have a decent Linux version or at least run under Wine.

run VMWare with a windows install as virtual for all your games, apps, etc...

when the windows install goes bad (and it will) just reboot the vitrual Os and its back to teh day you installed it (make sure you take a snapshot as soon as you get it exactly the way you want it.
Windows. Whats going to screw up today?

Linux.  Compiling, please wait...........

Mac OSx Are you sure you want to do that?  Are you sure your sure?  Are you really sure?  If your sure please hit Enter to continue.  You hit Enter are you sure you want to continue?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #16 on: 4 February 2005, 20:11 »
Quote from: NegStar
Thanks guys.  I appreciate your suggestions. I'll check out the knoppix program. Already copied the link.  Must be like booting to RC.  I happened to get rid of the DLL file, so that's good.  I don't know which method was successful tho, but HJT now says the file is missing in the 018 entry, so I'm glad about that.   I personally use Mozilla, but the hijack. was on another system with IE.  Anybody ever use Agent Ransack?  I hear it's a good way of searching for files?

I always use Spybot to remove files in Windows that refuse to go. There's a special file remover hidden in the tools section, among other cool stuff.

NegStar

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2005, 07:01 »
Cool! I have that..I'll check out 'tools'.