Author Topic: Make a point to Microsoft  (Read 958 times)

enigma_01

• Kudos: 10
Make a point to Microsoft
« on: 27 February 2005, 17:41 »
This is just an idea but I thought, what if all the forum members who've made the Swap to an alternative OS sent in there old Microsoft CD's... Then we could all chip in and Hire a dumpster truck (providing we have enough CD's to fill the truck) and pay for them to be Dump'd directly outside of the Microsoft Complex.. Right in Bill's front yard so to speak!

It's just a thought :D
It's not all doom and gloom, Windoze just makes it seem that way!

enigma_01

• Kudos: 10
Re: Make a point to Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2005, 17:49 »
I remember someone doing the exact same thing to AOL a few years back because they got so sick of the sight of Free AOL CD's.. They sent them all back and had a nice photo of the pile of CD's right outside one of there main office's :D

In fact the page is still around;
http://stevedanforth.com/document/865

I'd be willing to pay the postage for a stamp to send the CD's ive got in and put 5 bucks towards watching it happen..

Who's with me?
« Last Edit: 27 February 2005, 18:09 by enigma_01 »
It's not all doom and gloom, Windoze just makes it seem that way!

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2005, 20:36 »
People like me who have computers shipped with OEM copys of Windows XP Home do not even get the dignity of reciving a copy of Windows XP, just a recovery CD from the OEM supplier.

However I am very interested in asking for a refund from my OEM once I make the switch to Linux.

Eventually I want to be able to dump the remains of bankrupted Microsoft on Bill Gates lawn, that is my dream.

greatscot

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2005, 21:59 »
I wouldn't waste my quid on it. Just throw the Microsoft CD's in the dust bin where they belong.