Author Topic: Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter  (Read 2548 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Re: Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2005, 02:04 »
Mac problem: [size=-1]12,100,000

:macos::p
[/size]

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2005, 08:19 »
8,000,000 for BSD Problem

iMacThere4iAm

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #17 on: 7 March 2005, 17:14 »
The stats there seem to have changed a lot since this topic was first posted look lol:
31500 sucks
1793 rules
Yah boo!
« Last Edit: 7 March 2005, 17:15 by iMacThere4iAm »
In a world without walls or fences,
who needs Windows or Gates?
:macos:

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #18 on: 7 March 2005, 19:40 »
It seems to me where linux is concerned people either love it or hate it, but most people just consider Windows to be average and the rest hate it.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #19 on: 9 March 2005, 15:54 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
It seems to me where linux is concerned people either love it or hate it, but most people just consider Windows to be average and the rest hate it.

Yes well that is your opinion, and that is why: Your Wrong.

Windows is average, fuck then Fedora Core 3 is 210% over.

No choise because Linux won't run your software? That is bullshit talk, make some effort: pussy.

Linux is the most advanced operating system in the world, as far as I am concerned. It has the most advanced development system in the world, the most advanced features in the kernel, and most of all, it is secure. SELinux, snort, iptables2 (name one operating system that has something that compares to IPTables please, maybe BSD, certainly not fucking windows).

Linux runs everything, everything!

Crossoveroffice, WineX, Wine, VMware, DosBox, Bochs, plex86, what fucking more could you ask for, you greedy fuck.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #20 on: 9 March 2005, 16:00 »
Linux is the most advanced operating system in the world, as far as I am concerned.

you must be concerned far too much, because it has been clouding your judgement. BeOS is the most advanced OS in the world.  :beos:  :beos:

Mr X

iMacThere4iAm

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #21 on: 9 March 2005, 18:00 »
Heh don't even bother trying to talk to MrX about OSs other than Be.  
I guess Linux is like Marmite. Black and salty. :D
Well it's clear that opinions are divided over it anyway.
In a world without walls or fences,
who needs Windows or Gates?
:macos:

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #22 on: 9 March 2005, 20:23 »
Quote from: MrX
you must be concerned far too much, because it has been clouding your judgement. BeOS is the most advanced OS in the world.  :beos:  :beos:

Mr X

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You should be a comedian.

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #23 on: 10 March 2005, 00:58 »
Linux!!! Linux!!! lINUX!!! STUPID CAPS LOCK....

dESTROY ms tHEN tHE cAPS lOCK kEY iNDUSTRY!!!

dAMM cAPS lOCK.....
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 10 March 2005, 11:08 »
Quote from: kintaro
Yes well that is your opinion, and that is why: Your Wrong.

Oh no not again . . .

Read my post again and think about it.

Not my opinion (and even if it were, it would be just my opinion not right or wrong) it's the opinion (at least from what I've read) of most people.

Windows is average, fuck then Fedora Core 3 is 210% over.

That's your opinion!

No choise because Linux won't run your software? That is bullshit talk, make some effort: pussy.

LOL! - A typical Linux zealot response! :D

Why should I make the effort to run an OS that would require so much extra effort to get the software I need for my work to run?

Often programs when run under Wine (or similar) are unstable unreliable.

Linux is the most advanced operating system in the world, as far as I am concerned. It has the most advanced development system in the world, the most advanced features in the kernel, and most of all, it is secure. SELinux, snort, iptables2 (name one operating system that has something that compares to IPTables please, maybe BSD, certainly not fucking windows).

I agree with you 100%, but while this is all very important to you. You must appreciate that other poeple might not be so bothered about all this shit. why the fuck should I give a fuck about IPTables whatever they are, I don't give a monkey's arse about networking, kernel features or any of that geeky shit.

For me security would be the only real advantage, and it's why I'm still visiting th aution in my town every week to look for a cheap computer to run Linux on. But even then it would be just to connect to the internet and in the unlikley event that Windows fucks up.

Linux runs everything, everything!

Everything you need!

Crossoveroffice, WineX, Wine, VMware, DosBox, Bochs, plex86, what fucking more could you ask for, you greedy fuck.

Oh I suppose it have the biggest selection of games, electronic simulation software, CAD.

LOL everything!

Well I suppose if you run Windows in a virtual machine under Linux you could run anything! :D
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #25 on: 10 March 2005, 16:03 »
i have said it before and i will say it again:

on an even platform, windows cannot touch linux at anything.

linux runs windows binaries much better than windows runs linux binaries, linux supports more hardware (without third party software) than windows does (without third party software) et cetera, linux is more stable and secure in its structure than windows.

if you want some proprietary rubbish that the manufacturers only support under windows, then that's another matter.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 11 March 2005, 19:34 »
Quote from: Calum
i have said it before and i will say it again:

on an even platform, windows cannot touch linux at anything.

Seriously you must accept that Linux lacks electronic simulation software, I know it doesn't matter to you but it does to me and other people who work in the electronic development industry or just have electronics as a hobby.

Look at this thread in another forum I post in: http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=30;action=display;threadid=2315;start=0

While there is some electronic simulation software available for Linux none of it is as good as the Windows stuff.

linux runs windows binaries much better than windows runs linux binaries,

Well there's Cgiwin, but we've discussed this before Windows doesn't need to run any other OS' binaryies - it's a monopoly.

linux supports more hardware (without third party software) than windows does (without third party software) et cetera, linux is more stable and secure in its structure than windows.

if you want some proprietary rubbish that the manufacturers only support under windows, then that's another matter.

Is this another way of saying any hardware manufacturer that doesn't support Linux sucks?

LOL! this proves the Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter is shit because I've just used the phrase "Linux sucks" and I wasn't dissing Linux!

By the way I didn't mean this:

For me security would be the only real advantage

I forgot to say, that it's more stable (not that I find Windows XP unstable!) and the ability to run Linux software and when I feel in a geeky mood a C compiler on tap is also an advantage.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #27 on: 11 March 2005, 22:22 »
yes, we have discussed the binaries issue, frankly i don't agree with what you are saying, in that you appear to say that windows doesn't have to run any non windows binaries (in fact, sometimes, it doesn't even run its own), and linux should be bending over both backwards and forwards to accomodate windows users.

as i said before, they are different systems, so if you want to use one or the other, then do. i don't have a lot of patience for those moaners who whine on about how X system sucks but they can't use Y system because their favourite game isn't supported or something, not that i am trying to imply you fall into this category, just mentioning it.

and yes, hardware vendors that do not support linux and macintosh platforms, as well as windows, do suck.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 11 March 2005, 22:53 »
yes, we have discussed the binaries issue, frankly i don't agree with what you are saying, in that you appear to say that windows doesn't have to run any non windows binaries (in fact, sometimes, it doesn't even run its own), and linux should be bending over both backwards and forwards to accomodate windows users.

If it did then some more of these Windows users just might become Linux users. Oh well we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

as i said before, they are different systems, so if you want to use one or the other, then do. i don't have a lot of patience for those moaners who whine on about how X system sucks but they can't use Y system because their favourite game isn't supported or something, not that i am trying to imply you fall into this category, just mentioning it.

That's right I don't fall into this category because I don't think Linux sucks because it won't run my software, but it's just the main reason why I use Windows rather than Linux.

and yes, hardware vendors that do not support linux and macintosh platforms, as well as windows, do suck.

More often they support Macintosh but not Linux, as Linux is a free operating system and there's fuck all in it for them

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2005, 18:20 »
that is indeed the perception of the situation, but just because the system is free, doesn't mean the software for a particular piece of hardware needs to be "free".