Author Topic: You know Windows sucks when...........  (Read 1846 times)

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
You know Windows sucks when...........
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2002, 00:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by M. O'Brien:

I don't remember if this was posted here before... but the C64 web server is sweet.

http://fearlinux.com/article.php?sid=289

Not quite as cool as the Lego web server but still...

it was posted before, but it is a sweet webserver.... i am thinkin about tryin to put Lunix on my commodores.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2002, 03:32 »

...When you get knocked out of bed by a frantic call from a freind of the family who was putting the finishing touches on a report due at 8:00AM that she needed to pass her last class for graduation. She was doing this work on the new Sony Viao her husband had bought (much to her displeasure as they already had a system that came with Win 98SE as an OEM install.) The Sony Viao came Win XP. And, yes, the damn thing crashed hard. Her report was completely gone. I couldn't find it, but then, again, I'm a UNIX dude who doesn't know a whole lot about Win XP (although I played around with it previously on their system). Of course, M$ tech support wasn't any help either.

So the report that she'd spent two weeks working on was gone, there was no way she could redo that work before 8:00AM, and her professor wouldn't take: "Win XP ate my homework!" for an excuse. So she had to repeat the entire course over this past summer. Not exactly the plans she had in mind.

The next day, she asked if I would help out by ditching Win XP and doing a Linux install for her. NBD, I brought over my Mandrake install CDs and took care of it. I also did a 'Drake install on the old system, which had been given to their six year old daughter. They had no trouble getting use to the KDE desktop. Three more for the Linux fold.

Computers are like air conditioners: they can't do their jobs if you open windows.

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: jtpenrod ]

Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

beltorak0

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm/beltorak
« Reply #17 on: 11 October 2002, 07:03 »
(
  ouch.
  damn.
)

I'm one of the unfortunate taking a "Micor$oftWare for Dummies" classes.  At least the instructor doesn't cre what we do in class on the computers, as long as we don't make him repeat something because we weren't paying attention.  So i have the next two weeks worth of homework done and sitting on my angelfire site.  I hated making the time to go the comp. lab to do homework; I work 50+ hours a week and go to school full time.

(
  again;
  ouch.
  damn.
)

-t.
from Attrition.Org

quote:
Like many times before, Microsoft is re-inventing the wheel and opting for something other than round.

-t.

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #18 on: 11 October 2002, 07:12 »
I know two people who are taking Intro to computers, at the local community college. What they are being taught, basically, is three sections:

1)History of computers
2)Excel spreadsheet use
3)Qbasic

How fucking useless is this? None of these things help a person today!  :mad:
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
« Reply #19 on: 11 October 2002, 22:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by HPC GUY:
you know windows sucks when....

-when it crashes before its even finished being installed

"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me