Author Topic: Sorry to tell you, Firefox isn't perfect either.  (Read 2449 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Sorry to tell you, Firefox isn't perfect either.
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2005, 23:14 »
Well the file I downloaded was 16.6MB!
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2005, 23:30 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Well the file I downloaded was 16.6MB!
You downloaded the "Java-include" version
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #17 on: 27 April 2005, 00:59 »
The Firefox download manager is really bad. Is there a Free alternative to Download Accelerator?

muzzy

• Kudos: 409
    • http://muzzy.net/
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2005, 01:17 »
Quote from: jtpenrod
Actually, it isn't C/C++ either. It's preprocessor code, which is a whole 'nother code entirely, and operated on by a different app, not the compiler.

Getting picky? Preprocessing directives are part of C and C++ code as well, as defined by the language specification. Go ahead and read about phases of the translation process, you'll find that it's part of the language. Just because preprocessor, compiler and linker are typically separate applications doesn't make their actions somehow isolated from the language.

If you're not happy yet, I could quote the relevant standards for you.

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2005, 05:03 »
Quote from: Jenda
The Firefox download manager is really bad. Is there a Free alternative to Download Accelerator?

Yeah, LeechGet is decent.  Too bad they closed it though, could've had some interesting plug-ins.  :(

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #20 on: 27 April 2005, 08:08 »
Quote from: BobTheHob
I used to use opera, hell, I even started an anti-firefox/pro-opera thread on another forum awhile back. Although, Firefox is now >*. Opera used to pwn, until firefox extensions took off. Now there is no stopping firefox, firefox now has more features than opera ever had or ever will. If you have firefox, this is the greatest URL you will ever see, if ya don't have it go install it.
Look, look, and see the purity that is the firefox extension system, muwhahaaahaahahaahahahahahaaaaa
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT haha nice try. swallow your pride and accept that Opera rulez

Duo Maxwell

• VIP
  • Kudos: 232
    • http://www.homepage.mac.com/duo_maxwell1/
« Reply #21 on: 27 April 2005, 08:46 »
Nah, Opera kicks ass because of their CEO. but Firefox is a better browser once you add a few things.

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #22 on: 27 April 2005, 10:12 »
Quote from: Duo Maxwell
Nah, Opera kicks ass because of their CEO. but Firefox is a better browser once you add a few things.
damn fuckin skippy, like a squirrel on pcp
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #23 on: 27 April 2005, 12:36 »
Quote from: Orethrius
Yeah, LeechGet is decent.  Too bad they closed it though, could've had some interesting plug-ins.  :(

Did it used to GPL then?

Because I always though once something is GPL it's always GPL.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #24 on: 27 April 2005, 12:48 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Did it used to GPL then?

Because I always though once something is GPL it's always GPL.

You misunderstand.  It was never under the GPL, but the author had made the sources available for peer review.  Don't be a Stallmanite and assume that one means the other.  ;)

At any rate, they could get away with it by making "a significant improvement" on the old sources and closing their "addition."  It's all very unstable ground, precedent-wise, nevermind the fact that they just so happen to own the only authorised source server.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals