Author Topic: This is fucking great  (Read 908 times)

BobTheHob

• Kudos: 49
This is fucking great
« on: 25 April 2005, 02:18 »
I just wanted to say, thank you to all the mods, for running such a nice site. I fucking love this place. I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to be able to hold a UNIX/Linux conversation in a forum, without having pro-windoze nooblets interupting and arguing moot points and shit. I have been on forums since they were invented, I have seen many of them, and I can honestly say that these are the best forums i have encountered. Once again, thank you for outlawing pro-windoze uber-nooblets and allowing intellegent conversations to take place in the process.
The meaning of my username "BobTheHob":
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: This is fucking great
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2005, 02:24 »
You must've missed the troll spree late last night. :p
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

BobTheHob

« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2005, 02:27 »
Quote from: WMD
You must've missed the troll spree late last night. :p
nope, i saw it, but i didnt really mind because you mods are great and quickly took this thing called "action", by binning them. "action" seems to be missing on most other forums. Yet another thing that makes these forums great :)
It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity".

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2005, 02:42 »
Well, I shall speak for the my fellow mods: You're welcome. :)
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2005, 04:00 »
I don't post as much as I used to, but I shall second.

muzzy

• Kudos: 409
    • http://muzzy.net/
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2005, 04:12 »
Quote from: BobTheHob
I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to be able to hold a UNIX/Linux conversation in a forum, without having pro-windoze nooblets interupting and arguing moot points and shit.

Yea. Here you might find pro-windoze people who aren't "nooblets". Windows is a generally superior OS, and better than linux for most everyday purposes. At least for me. :)

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2005, 05:35 »
Welcome Bob.  I'm glad you like the place.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2005, 11:27 »
BobTheHob,
All I can say is:

WiNbLOze RooLLZ!
MIcRoSoFt rOOlZ!
UnIx sUx GeT a StAnDaRd Os fOr FuCk sAkE!

:D  :D  :D
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2005, 20:42 »
Quote from: BobTheHob
I just wanted to say, thank you to all the mods, for running such a nice site. I fucking love this place. I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to be able to hold a UNIX/Linux conversation in a forum, without having pro-windoze nooblets interupting and arguing moot points and shit. I have been on forums since they were invented, I have seen many of them, and I can honestly say that these are the best forums i have encountered. Once again, thank you for outlawing pro-windoze uber-nooblets and allowing intellegent conversations to take place in the process.

This place used to be great until a certain troll joined and started a bitch thread containing personal abuse towards another member of this forum.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

BobTheHob

« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2005, 21:10 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
This place used to be great until a certain troll joined and started a bitch thread containing personal abuse towards another member of this forum.
Whatever, your just mad because you love windows. Don't say you don't love windows, cuz I know ya do.

Lord C

• Kudos: 15
    • http://www.lordcalvin.co.uk/
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2005, 21:29 »
Quote from: muzzy
Yea. Here you might find pro-windoze people who aren't "nooblets". Windows is a generally superior OS, and better than linux for most everyday purposes. At least for me. :)

Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
BobTheHob,
All I can say is:

WiNbLOze RooLLZ!
MIcRoSoFt rOOlZ!
UnIx sUx GeT a StAnDaRd Os fOr FuCk sAkE!

:D  :D  :D

You had to spoil the fun didn't you muffy and Alone_Jonez :P
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Linux user #348855

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2005, 21:34 »
bob, it occurs to me you might be interested in a smaller splinter forum that exists too, at http://voidmain.kicks-ass.net/forums
basically a couple of years ago, one of the earliest members and most respected posters on this board got disillusioned with the then poor moderation here, and the wide scope of discussion and set up his own forums. he no longer visits here, but a large number of posters from here also use his forums.

for the reasons you like this forums, you might like his as well.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

BobTheHob

« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2005, 21:38 »
Quote from: Calum
bob, it occurs to me you might be interested in a smaller splinter forum that exists too, at http://voidmain.kicks-ass.net/forums
basically a couple of years ago, one of the earliest members and most respected posters on this board got disillusioned with the then poor moderation here, and the wide scope of discussion and set up his own forums. he no longer visits here, but a large number of posters from here also use his forums.

for the reasons you like this forums, you might like his as well.
Cool, thank you :)
But they don't have a UNIX section :(

edit: lol Calum, I like this thread title ya did "fsck'u sake!"

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2005, 21:50 »
no, they don't, the entire site is linux oriented, perhaps it's not your thing.

i tend to think that it's still pretty relevant myself, as a lot of useful discussion goes on there about non-kernel software.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism