Author Topic: Divx Codecs?  (Read 3958 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Divx Codecs?
« Reply #30 on: 13 May 2005, 17:42 »
My point was that whether Calum is right or wrong this thread is now way off topic and has turned to shit, so it should be binned for that reason alone. Oh well we'll just have to let it die a slow and painful death.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
« Reply #31 on: 13 May 2005, 19:27 »
Quote from: Calum
how are divx codecs for windows an alternative to a microsoft product?

If he wanted a Microsoft product to solve this problem, he'd be using WMP 9/10 and its codec update "service" that only allows use of Microsoft-approved codecs.

He may just not be ready to abandon Windows or has to keep it for some reason, I'd much prefer he use non-Microsoft apps than WMP.
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #32 on: 14 May 2005, 00:22 »
he states he is using windows in post number one, can none of you read?
Anyway, with all due respect Calum, since when were *you* the expert on what constitutes help with a Microsoft product? The last time I checked, the rule was meant to not supplement Microsoft's dominance, not to deny assistance with a matter that's wholly exclusive of the operating system. That's completely detrimental to our own cause.
i take it you don't think i rate much respect then? that's something to note.

i question your inference that my opinion is somehow worth less than yours.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2005, 00:44 »
he states he is using windows in post number one, can none of you read?

I've a feeling that we can all read just fine, or we wouldn't be here in the first place.  It's WHAT we're reading that doesn't merit much respect, and that's the crap notion that we should give up Windows to Microsoft and tell everybody to switch to Linux because - god only knows - there are NO free alternatives to Microsoft products on their own platform.  Baby steps, remember?  Not everybody CAN or WILL take the plunge immediately, and your dismissing them as not being of much value is killing our bottom line.  How many of the moderators have used Windows in some capacity?  How many have to use it at work because their bosses are a bunch of conformist pussies?  See, you can't go around with polar extremities like that, it doesn't balance out.  If YOU had bothered to read the rest of post, instead of blasting that ONE quote, you might have noticed that.

i take it you don't think i rate much respect then? that's something to note.

Au contraire, I think you rate plenty of respect - when you're not pissing and moaning about every user that can't get off Windows for some unknown reason.  Not everybody's a developer, so logically not everyone is going to try to port FarCry to run under a Wine compatibility layer.  Come off it.

i question your inference that my opinion is somehow worth less than yours.

I question your blanket implication that I inferred that your opinion is somehow worth less than mine.  Likewise, I question your inverse inference that your opinion is somehow worth MORE than mine.  Like it or not, we're equals, and we both get high and mighty at times.  I apologise when that is the case, but I really believe you're in the wrong here.  Why must we preach to the choir and ignore the congregation?

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #34 on: 14 May 2005, 01:07 »
Moderator: |=|2!35

Mr X