Author Topic: new build of longhorn.  (Read 1812 times)

flap

• Kudos: 137
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #15 on: 25 July 2004, 18:36 »
quote:
Hmm lets think the finished N64 vs pre beta longhorn and to add to that the N64 is made for video and graphics Longhorn uses what its on.

What?
"While envisaging the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America." - Ernesto Che Guevara

http://counterpunch.org
http://globalresearch.ca

Pinkster

• Kudos: 0
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2004, 01:09 »
Come on, what else is new, Microshit will always do this, Longhorn looks like shit, has some "new" features that are a direct ripoff of Apple, as usual, and I can bet top dollar that it will run like shit just like all the other Windows, I should know, I work for Microsoft, but I'm a Mac lover by heart, I'm taking them down from the inside hehe, anyway, I seen beta versions of Longhorn and yes you need a beefy system tod o some things, i seen it running on a Dell System 900Mhz and boy it was mighty jerky, and unresponsive, but again, what else is new, I can't wait to see all the big security flaws in this one haha, Microsoft should have stayed with IBM's  HPFS kernal OS 2, oh well, Go Apple Go!
-Pinky Out-

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2004, 06:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by -=Solaris.M.K.A=-:
And yes, its STILL ugly.http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/05/18/longhorn.html?page=3

Hopfully, the ugly interface would be enough to get people to switch to Linux.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #18 on: 26 July 2004, 06:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Pinkster:
I work for Microsoft

What position? Perhaps you can unfuck windows?

linuxnfreedosman1986

• http://www.geocities.com/dosman1986
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #19 on: 26 July 2004, 06:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one:
Maybe they should stop focusing on the look, and actually make the system worthwhile, especially in the face of strong competition from Linux. Look at OSX. They built a strong os, then added a clean, and "pretty" look to it. The eye candy in OSX is actually there for a functional reason. Why Microsoft dosen't do this confuses the shit out of me.

My sentiments exactly. This also applies to my favorite OS, Linux.    

In Linux, several groups of developers make the operating system functional, reliable, and stable (the kernel team, the GNU project, and MANY other people), while there are people who ONLY make it pretty (the KDE and GNOME teams). What I like about Linux is that the people who make it pretty don't bring down the whole system with excessive eye candy, and, best of all, the GUI is 100% OPTIONAL, but you can use the GUI as much as you want, whether it's full-time, part-time, or never. This is the perfect way to do things! The people who make the functional tools (mostly command-line) don't spend their time thinking of ways to make them pretty (and hence slow the system down quite a bit) and thus make the tools RELIABLE, STABLE, and FAST. The people who DO make the system pretty make front-ends for these tools, thus making the system pretty while maintaining the quality of the operating system!    

[ July 25, 2004: Message edited by: linuxnfreedosman1986 ]

Pinkster

new build of longhorn.
« Reply #20 on: 26 July 2004, 07:18 »
quote:
What position? Perhaps you can unfuck windows?

I wish, I'm a Computer Tech, I run maintinance on the systems, I fix computers, Manly XP, simple stuff, Its a patehticlly easy job with good money, thus why I work here, other than that, I hate it, working for the Enemey BLOWS, but I got alot of poeple here to switch to Mac and Linux and most, on my floor at least, run a OS X theme on there systems, the little "fake" macs hehe,  
as you can see  :D
-Pinky Out-

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #21 on: 26 July 2004, 11:15 »
Keeping busy with Downloader.Ject?

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #22 on: 26 July 2004, 18:56 »
This theme emulates Mac OS X on Windows XP the best though...

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
new build of longhorn.
« Reply #23 on: 26 July 2004, 22:11 »
I knew that you could change the theme on XP, but I didn't know you could change it this drastically!

Anyway I know I'm stating the obvious but it's hardly going to emulate OS Xs reliability or run any Mac software, in fact all that eye candy is just going slow my PC down. What's the point in using it? I'm going to download it and see for myself.

I think it's silly criticising LHs theme as you could probably set up longhorn to use Blue Curve if you wanted to.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: