Author Topic: XP & XP pro  (Read 2251 times)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: XP & XP pro
« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2005, 17:04 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Oh yes the have!

Just because the files are still there it doesn't mean their contents are intact.

I've just veiwed a few sites with Internet Explorer, then I looked at the index files with a hex editor and they contained the names of the sites, then I deleted my temporary Internet files and history with Internet Explorer. I looked at them again and they are a lot shorter now and the names of the websites have vanised.

Don't believe me?

Try it your self.

I'm not talking about the index.dat files.  It stores a lot of other stuff in there, and that stays.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: XP & XP pro
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2005, 17:17 »
Not on my machine, I've looked at all of the files in all the subdirectories and while they weren't empty all the website information had disapeared. They were previously >500KB (I don't use IE much these days) and they had shunk to well under 100KB.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: