Author Topic: Stuck in the Past  (Read 3216 times)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: Stuck in the Past
« Reply #60 on: 25 May 2005, 01:32 »
Quote from: bedouin
Anyway, I just hope you all realize that your persistent bitching and whining in an attempt to turn these forums into some harmonious utopia degrades it by a factor of ten.  Threads like this one, or entire blocks of deleted posts make the forum look more moronic than anything GNAA could write.  Good job.

AFAIK, normal users can't see the deleted post markers.  Only mods (of anything) or admins.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #61 on: 25 May 2005, 18:16 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
[
Anyway not that you really give a shit
how do you know if i give a shit? if i didn't then would i really still be wasting my time here sticking up for free speech in the face of this puerile fascism?
I was just updating you on the daily Microsuck shit storm. Things have been improving for the last few hours but I'm forecasting another deluge so take your umbrella with you and mind you don't slip, have a good evening. :)
thanks.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #62 on: 26 May 2005, 00:17 »
Quote from: Calum
how do you know if i give a shit?

I wasn't being serious.

Quote from: Calum
if i didn't then would i really still be wasting my time here sticking up for free speech in the face of this puerile fascism? thanks.

I agree but the only posts deleted were ones consisting of needless flamebate. My "free speech rant" was a  mindless act of paranoia, I'd (for some stupid reason) assumed that the mods would side with a person who was flaming me because I expressed my opinion about a news article they'd posted.

I short free speech is a good thing and should not be censored but unprovoked flamebate should.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #63 on: 26 May 2005, 03:11 »
i am the woot of all ev!l !

Mr X

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #64 on: 26 May 2005, 21:19 »
Calum,
I've just read some of the recent posts in the forum, and I  agree with you, if someone badmouths you and you defend your self your responses should under no circumstances be deleted unless the bitch posts are deleted to. This is fucking disgusting flaming is unacceptable and now it is also unacceptable to defend your self this just takes the piss!

:fu: Moderators who censor free speech and defensive posts!
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #65 on: 26 May 2005, 21:34 »
Calum,
I've just read some of the recent posts in the forum, and I agree with you, if someone badmouths you and you defend your self your responses should under no circumstances be deleted unless the bitch posts are deleted to. This is fucking disgusting flaming is unacceptable and now it is also unacceptable to defend your self this just takes the piss!
How about an example (and I think I know which one you'd pick but heh)?
:fu: Moderators who censor free speech and defensive posts!
Have you ever looked at Freenet? Where censorship does not exist and everything is (can be) anonymous. Where free speech overrules everything else, even when the networks future is under attack because fucktards are using it for pedophilia and such evil shit.
I thought it was a great idea, and it is. But it's exploited by evil shitheads far too much.
As such, I think at least a wee-bit of censorship wouldn't go to far astray.

I can kinda guess that you probably didn't mean ":fu: Moderators who censor free speech and defensive posts!" and probably meant something along these lines:
":fu: Moderators who censor whenever they should not!".
That's an assumption and I might be wrong, but in any case...

:fu: Moderators who censor whenever they should not!
And by that I mean, if a moderator censors when he/she shouldn't have, he/she may get a nice little :fu:
I don't mean :fu: Moderaters in general because some moderator might censor when he/she shouldn't have.
(Jeenie mack, I officially hate English. That sentance should be read straight through, fast.)

Anyhow, Aloone, check out Freenet if ya want (or haven't already done so), and it's fucking amazing philosophy.
http://freenetproject.org
« Last Edit: 26 May 2005, 21:49 by piratePenguin »
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #66 on: 26 May 2005, 21:53 »
actually you know what? discussing the finer points is completely moot since this whole discussion could be deleted at any moment by some fickle arsehole with a delete key that's bigger than their cognitive brain

don't you (the powers that be) think this has been *ignored* long enough? it's high time something was done about it now that more and more people are taking umbrage at this pathetic misuse of moderator power.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #67 on: 27 May 2005, 12:00 »
"I'll tell you what, I'll give you three blacks, and play you for five
..."
"Ta! You was unlucky there son"
"Time gentleman!"