Author Topic: BeOS  (Read 7450 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: BeOS
« Reply #30 on: 11 June 2005, 15:47 »
Quote from: MrX
looks like your case was picked up and thrown all over.
 "some" tasks are like any other OS . there are somethings you can do only on windows, that you cannot do on anyother OS. Like, use Radmin .

i dont 'need' to have beos to print and do documents . i don't care if it can or not. that's not what I do in my room. I play games and such. the win98 computer is in another room with a printer.

Fair enough, many Linux users still need Windows for at least something there's nothing wrong with using BeOS or whatever as your primary OS then Windows for some tasks you do less often. But my case still holds water if you were claiming BeOS fulfils are you neads because it doesn't and I'm not haveing a go at you for it.

so there.

:rolleyes: I give up, I've tried to talk to you like a mature adult yet you still continue to end your post with imature statements like "I rule", "so there", "I think I'm soo good with my 'new' OS" etc. so I've given up on you, from now on I won't bother making decent replys to your childish posts. :fu:
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #31 on: 12 June 2005, 01:52 »
Quote from: Orethrius
Just so we're clear on this, Radmin is crap.  What can you do with it that you can't do with (FREE) rdesktop and Terminal Services, or for that matter, VNC?  What, chat with encryption?  No thanks, I've got Gaim.

Radmin can almost do 60frames per sec and VNC cannot barely even allow for smoothness. Even with a fast connection it just won't pipe in enough data to be smooth. Radmin is also very easy to use. VNC is not, and I cant seem to find a guide on what the server commands do, what they mean, and what are the best options for different connections.
http://www.radmin.com/radmin/comparisons/index.php?referer1=googleadwords&referer2=competitorsgroup

Although I do applaud VNC for being on practically all OS's and works fine (BeOS VNC works great btw) it's just not up to speed, and a normal nube couldnt figure it out without some help.
This last week ive been trying to find something like a VNC optimisation guide on the net so it can be faster. well I havent, and it's either that the people of the internet are just fine with slow or they don't know how it should be.
After all, you get what you pay for.

Mr X

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #32 on: 12 June 2005, 04:25 »
I applaud your effort to totally dismiss rdesktop, but the fact remains that it poses a serious threat to Radmin.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

MrX

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #33 on: 12 June 2005, 09:31 »
how can it do that? it doesnt seem like a nube can just pick up and start using that program right away.
and i've never heard of rdesktop, thanks for bringing it to my attention. no thanks to this scary, scary image that made me sad

Mr X

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #34 on: 12 June 2005, 11:56 »
no thanks to this scary, scary image that made me sad

Mr X

Holy crap.  It made you sad?  Phantom Windows made you sad?  Dude, its MAJOR CONNTYPE is Terminal Services.  Why would someone make an original logo when there's already one ripe for plundering?  ...and I fail to see where it's complex; hell, even the installation procedure is detailed more than most other Nix programs.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals