Author Topic: Why Microsoft continues to win...  (Read 1017 times)

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Why Microsoft continues to win...
« on: 31 October 2003, 02:55 »
...only because of the stupidity of the clueless population. Take this for example:

On Winnetmag.com's review of the PDC 2003, someone posted this comment to the editor:

quote:
Paul, sorry man, but nobody cares sqaut about Longhorn. By the time that bloated, ugly, slow POS comes around, Macs will be years ahead (as they already are), and Linux will be taking over the desktop. Maybe you should start learning some Linux instead of listening to idiots brag about their new products that are only eye-candy with features stolen from other OSes.

Obviously a smart person. When the editor posted the comment he replied with this:

quote:
Editor's note: Sorry, but the 7000 people rushing the stage to see it two years early suggests otherwise. --Paul

And the one that tops it off and gets the stupidity award in my opinion is this comment posted by someone else on the same page:

quote:
i would continue to use xp for next 3 years if only for clear type.

I see. So people prefer to things that look "cool", but work like shit.

Fucking idiots.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2003, 03:12 »
This is the way of the american. Its our culture. Its kinda disgusting.

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2003, 05:23 »
Cleartype?  That's simply a trademarked name for subpixel hinting, something I use every day in linux.  What a mongoloid.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2003, 05:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux User #5225982375:
Cleartype?  That's simply a trademarked name for subpixel hinting, something I use every day in linux.  What a mongoloid.

LOL! Excellent way of stating the facts. Why don't you submit that word for word to http://www.winnetmag.com/windowspaulthurrott/Article/ArticleID/40626/windowspaulthurrott_40626.html
The comments section is in the bottom. Let the mongoloid know of his ignorance.

solarismka

« Reply #4 on: 1 November 2003, 07:39 »
The way I see it is the people who use windows will stay with what they have.  The ones that get longwhore will quickly switch once they realize its gonna cost more than owning a car!

Linux and OSX is deffinatly on their way to dismantling M$

This is just the finnal nail in the coffin.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

feetpete

• http://www.feetmedia.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 6 December 2003, 01:53 »
I don't know guys, I've read up on Microsoft's dirty monopoly tactics in the past, and I wouldn't put it past them to try something equally dirty, and get away with it just by bribing a few courts and hiring a team of legal advisors to find loopholes that will allow them to tighten their grip on the PC market.

Of course I will swap to and stick with macs when I have the cash for a G5 (nothing less will be good enough for me and I don't even have the cash for an emac right now).
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty
IT Technician: Glass is twice as big as it needs to be