Author Topic: So...  (Read 794 times)

Icarni

• Kudos: 10
So...
« on: 7 July 2005, 04:17 »
So I post a message in a sub-forum that says, and I quote "If it doesn't fit in any other category, or it's just off-topic rambling, this would be the place for it."  My post happens to be about my band and it gets moved to the Dead Thread Zone in under an hour?!?

What are you guys, anti-music?  Or did you just think I wasn't coming back?

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Re: So...
« Reply #1 on: 7 July 2005, 05:07 »
Music is evil. Didn't you know this forum is controlled by the Teliban dude.

Icarni

« Reply #2 on: 7 July 2005, 06:06 »
I see...

muzzy

• Kudos: 409
    • http://muzzy.net/
« Reply #3 on: 7 July 2005, 06:28 »
That wasn't a post about music. That was a spam, asking people to show support for some crap they've never even heard about.

If you can't distinguish the two, you might be a LINUX USER! so, welcome to the forums. People like you are needed here, to advance the glory of linux! You know, that crap OS nobody's even heard about.

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #4 on: 7 July 2005, 07:12 »
Quote from: muzzy
That wasn't a post about music. That was a spam, asking people to show support for some crap they've never even heard about.

If you can't distinguish the two, you might be a LINUX USER! so, welcome to the forums. People like you are needed here, to advance the glory of linux! You know, that crap OS nobody's even heard about.

Actually, if it would've been my choice, it would've been binned just the same as spam. If you want to promote something that's nowhere near the site policy, put a link in your sig or something.  Gets more hits, doesn't clutter the boards.

Muzzy, if I were you, I'd toe that line VERY carefully and count myself lucky that the forum was tolerant enough to let me stay through my blatent abuses of its members.

[offtopic]As I said before, I prefer Linux because I find its CLI quite a bit more straightforward than DOS (manpages and the CLI-orientation of most tools being considered in that assessment), and yet you continue to go on about how *I* can't possibly think that way, and that - by expressed correlation - everyone here is ridiculous for having their reasons to hate Microsoft! You know you're making a mockery of this site by your very insinuations, and then go on to defend them with hackneed quips like "Windows rules all, Linux suxorz!!!" Seriously, what's your huge problem with Linux?[/offtopic]

Since that's out of the way, welcome to our forums, Icarni.  You probably should have held off on the band posting until we got to know you a little better (most people that post those things post once and never stick around), but I'm sure we're all willing to let that one slide.  It might be best, in the future, to slip in a quick one-liner reference (like "speaking of *related thing*, has anyone checked out my band lately?") to get your group a little side recognition (just substitute [ where you see < and ] where you see > above for the appropriate result).  :cool:
« Last Edit: 7 July 2005, 07:40 by Orethrius »

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #5 on: 7 July 2005, 08:09 »
His huge problem with Linux is the simple fact that to stretch it around his brain would require effort, which he lacks. He is to stupid for Linux. It is far to complicated for him to understand.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #6 on: 7 July 2005, 22:37 »
Quote from: muzzy
I believe we have here, the first (YMMV) lame quote from muzzy.
:thumbdwn: muzzy.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Cookie Monster

« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2005, 19:19 »
Quote from: kintaro
Music is evil. Didn't you know this forum is controlled by the Teliban dude.

It's spelled Taliban, dumbshit. Jesus Christ, I thought nerds read the dictionary when everyone else was out getting laid.
Cookie Monster's information
IP Address : 67.167.229.116
Host Address : c-67-167-229-116.hsd1.il.comcast.net
E-mail : [email protected]