Author Topic: IE7 copies Firefox and Opera and uses 50MEgs of ram for a single window  (Read 1712 times)

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Well it was only a matter of time before M$ copied Forefox and opera and increased the me usage, read dull story here http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=102
sig.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
omg, they stole opera's delete private data. what else did they steal?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Quote from: MrX
omg, they stole opera's delete private data. what else did they steal?
Oh man, they stole nothing.

Shouldn't a piece of software be allowd to be inspired by another, to make itself better (EDIT: eek! self-developing software!)? I say yes. Patents say no. Mr X says no (apparently).

Fuck patents!
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
At least it does transparent png now.  Although the author says it does it horribly.

MrX

• Kudos: 0
Quote from: piratePenguin
Oh man, they stole nothing.

Shouldn't a piece of software be allowd to be inspired by another, to make itself better (EDIT: eek! self-developing software!)? I say yes. Patents say no. Mr X says no (apparently).

Fuck patents!

Not IE. almost anything but.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
I agree with PP, fuck patents! Patents are the revenge of the weak and silly. Microsoft may not do anything right but at least in my book they can try anything. But that won
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
I'm going to hate people that are going to tell me that Opera and Firefox are rip-offs off IE 7, like they have told me that KDE and Mac OS X are rip-offs off Luna (Windows XP interface).

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
That's just ridiculous, at least those programs were made by the company itself. :D

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
I think these improvments in Microsoft Internet Explorer are long overdue, and as far as rip-offs go KDE borrows ideas from Mac OS and Windows just as OpenOffice has copied stuff from MS Office, I don't see any problem here.

As far as memory useage goes IE 7 does a lot worse than FireFox, in this example with both browsers displaying the same page IE uses 48.86MB while FF uses 35.3MB but this is only a beta relese of IE so this might improve some what.

MS still is doing thier best to push thier own products to the front, I wonder if the MSN search bar will do anything to improve MSN's market share of the search engines.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
I can't be bothered to waste my time "securing" IE, I'm sticking with Firefox.

It does everything I want it to do, and it doesn't make me contract a zilliion worms/viruses blah blah blah :D

I decided not to use Opera because of the advertising, sure, it is very fast, but the advertising is just like nagging screens. :p