Author Topic: Win98 finally removed. Ubuntu installed.  (Read 1700 times)

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
Re: Win98 finally removed. Ubuntu installed.
« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2005, 19:38 »
Hahaha, what a load of wank. :rolleyes:

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2005, 15:33 »
I'm perfectly happy with my Ubuntu. I use it because it is the right thing to do.
I am not a geek, and don't plan to become one. Kintaro, you're really being childish, trying to make GNU/Linux a geeks-only OS. That is just wrong.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2005, 00:31 »
Perhaps there should be geeks-only distros, and newb-only distros.  Start with Ubuntu or something, and then you can graduate to SuSE.  Once you get past Slackware, you can start building your own distro.

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2005, 02:12 »
I've only been using Linux for about a year, I used it for 8 months straight without Windows even on my hard disc, and that was great. ;)

Slackware was really easy to install for me, and I'd never tackled an installer like that before, so it surprised me. :)

Kintaro is not being childish, it is right to say that average Linux users learn much more about computers than the average Windows user. :D

I think Slackware isn't that hard at all, apart from getting X started up it's fine, Gentoo would be more of a tackle, though. ;)

My dad introduced me to Red Hat 9, and when I first used it, it was amazing, I was so amazed by the amount of things that Linux could do that Windows couldn't (and the speed of it, also).

That's why I now use Slackware, because I like to use a wide range of distributions, before choosing whichever one I am most comfortable with.

I am thinking of installing SuSE 9.3, just to evaluate it, because it looks very nice, my dad bought it a while back. :thumbup: