All Things Microsoft > Microsoft Hardware

Microsoft plans to charge license fee for Xbox 360 peripherals

(1/7) > >>

Lead Head:

--- Quote ---Manufacturers seeking to release peripherals for the Xbox 360 will have to pay royalties to Microsoft on each unit sold, with a new security system on the console preventing the connection of unlicensed devices. As a result, only Microsoft-authorised joypads, steering wheels and other such devices will be released, according to a abridged version of a new contract between the software giant and peripheral maker Mad Catz which was released as part of a Mad Catz financial filiing this week.
--- End quote ---

I think that is typical MS behavior. I wonder how many  peripherals will be made for the 360?, full story here

Aloone_Jonez:
Hopefuly this will put people off buying an Xbox 369 because it will lack 3rd party peripherals. I really don't se how they can benefit from this tactic.

worker201:
Unless it gets cracked in the first week like the last Xbox did...

Jenda:
I will never, ever, touch that piece of crap. I would like to say I will NEVER use any MS SW anymore, but I will first have to try out Wine - and that's waiting for Nextra to connect me to the internet via ADSL. Dialup just sucks sooo bad...

skyman8081:
Mad Catz controllers will break if you look at them funny.  trufax.

I'm kinda glad, because 99.95% of third party controllers are utter dog-shit.  The 1st party ones are better.

Hell, the original, big, design is the Model M of controllers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version