Author Topic: FireFox losing market share  (Read 3883 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: FireFox losing market share
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2005, 16:56 »
Quote from: Siplus
What's wrong with the download manager? I like it just the way it is, personally.

Try the one from Opera.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2005, 18:18 »
The Firefox download manager is shit.

You loose the download in the following scenarios:
  • Restart Firefox.
  • Loss of Internet connection.
  • Power failure.
  • System crash.

A decent download manager should be able to resume a download and not loose and data under the aforementioned circumatances.

Opera's download manager is much better.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #17 on: 16 August 2005, 18:25 »
i never use a download manager. i trust my computer, gigabyte mainboard, kingston ram etc. i trust my cable company and i trust the power company.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #18 on: 16 August 2005, 18:28 »
but do you trust that lightning/car/truck/tank wont hit a telephone pole/powerline
sig.

DBX_5

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2005, 19:04 »
do you trust yourself?
DBX_5's information
IP Address : 70.69.169.130
Host Address : S01060020ed62e618.va.shawcable.net
E-mail : [email protected]

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2005, 22:48 »
Quote from: Siplus
I know for a fact that firefox usage is increasing very rapidly near me. Every fellow electronics employee at Staples is now using Firefox, and I stress the importance of Firefox to as many people as it would affect. I'm even getting fellow employees to spread it like i have the last 10 months.

Here at the university where I work, the tech support people have issued a directive to the oceanography department to cease and desist with use of Outlook, Outlook Express, and IE.  Firefox and Thunderbird are the replacements of choice, and just about everyone has commented on how much nicer things run.  My brother-in-law, who works at Dell, tells me that all the design engineers there use Firefox.

Firefox will have a hard time overcoming IE if it is not bundled with the computers that people buy. Some are just too lazy to go and download the browser. I write down the website for dozens of people a day (and the regular customers usually come back for other various things, and affirm that they are using (and love) firefox), but some are even adimately opposed to not using a microsoft product. that is what scares me.

My dad recently got a couple new computers, and he asked me to set them up for him.  Well, IE and Outlook can no longer be found on them, and he has adapted to Firefox and Tbird surprisingly well, considering he is 65.  I didn't even ask, I just did it!

(for those who are interested: Last Nov. there were few people who heard of firefox. around April/May, many have heard of it, and lately many say that they downloaded it, but just haven't used it yet. I encourage them to start using it. [this may explain the high download rate and lowering usershare])

I have had a Mozilla t-shirt for over a year now, and at the beginning, only computer geeks knew what it was - everybody else was like "Why do you have a red dinosaur on your shirt?  And what is mozilla.org?"  Now, people don't ask anymore - Mozilla and Firefox have become common names, at least among college kids.

noob

« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2005, 23:06 »
Quote from: Lead Head
but do you trust that lightning/car/truck/tank wont hit a telephone pole/powerline

that woul;d have to be a very bad crash. i also trust the 2 foot of road that the power and cable fibres are under:thumbup:

also i think i trust myself :scared:

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2005, 23:12 »
Notice that i said TANK, yes onetime this dude stole a tank from an armory that he worked at and..............
sig.

noob

« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2005, 23:17 »
i spose a well guided tank down some of the fiarly narrow streets here would do it.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2005, 23:23 »
or some guy in a tank firing off at random placed
sig.

DBX_5

« Reply #25 on: 16 August 2005, 23:33 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
The Firefox download manager is shit.

You loose the download in the following scenarios:

• Restart Firefox.
  • Loss of Internet connection.
  • Power failure.
  • System crash.
A decent download manager should be able to resume a download and not loose and data under the aforementioned circumatances.

Opera's download manager is much better.

Mr X has been stressing about how good Opera is, and this is what he always said. Good job, Aloone .
DBX_5's information

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2005, 23:53 »
Quote from: DBX_5
Mr X has been stressing about how good Opera is, and this is what he always said. Good job, Aloone .

Ok, ok, we get the picture.  Now fucking drop it.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #27 on: 17 August 2005, 00:15 »
I don't use Opera because I don't know if it's secure or not, and the adds are annoying.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

DBX_5

« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2005, 01:38 »
you can allways register it the dis-honest way.
DBX_5's information

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2005, 03:18 »
I'm not even bothering to do that, Operas ads are annoying, I'm not willing to pay for it, and I'm not willing to obtain it illegally either.

I prefer Firefox, even if its download manager isn't the be all and end all. :rolleyes: