Author Topic: Linspire Questions  (Read 3054 times)

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
Re: Linspire Questions
« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2005, 01:11 »
Quote from: kintaro
After using Ubuntu, I no longer want new Linux users, or an easy Linux. I hate things Easy, it just means more gets fucked up.

If your a man get Slackware, Debian, or at least Fedora. If your a fucking piss weak white trash motherfucker with a heroin addiction, use Linspire, Ubuntu, Mandriva, etc.

I completely agree with you Kintaro, I use Slackware Linux, I started out on Redhat 9 and all the other shite I have used (Mandrake & SuSE).

I think Mandriva & SuSE should be binned. ;)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #16 on: 18 August 2005, 13:11 »
Yeah, I might campaign Stallman to put a clause in the GPL 3 so they can ban certain distributors.

MarathoN

« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2005, 15:59 »
That's a very good idea, I support that. :)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2005, 18:19 »
Good to see someone has a brain.

MarathoN

« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2005, 19:37 »
Yeah, I've used Ubuntu, it's disgusting. *Shudders*

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #20 on: 20 August 2005, 15:38 »
I completely disagree with the three of you.
GNU/Linux is a fully functional operating system, and it is much better than any flavour of Windows. If so, then why not make it accessible to everyone? One of the pleasant things about GNU/Linux is the community. The community that happily helps anyone set up their GNU/Linux machines and fix their problems themselves. The more people use GNU/Linux, the stronger the community. The result: more commercial activity, more Free activity, more, better software = better for all of us. The final, hypothetic result: Either the destruction of MS, or the increase in quality and/or decrease in price of proprietary SW = better for all of us, and all of them.
What is breaking the community? YOU! People who make people change their minds, thank you very much. PLEASE keep to your geeky selves and let US grow! Let us gain POWER! You will benefit.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #21 on: 20 August 2005, 20:17 »
I agree with Jenda.

I don't have a problem with Ubuntu but Linspire is shit as it's proprietary software in GLP clothing. I personally still don't think Linux is 100% newb friendly as you'll always have to edit some txt file like fstab or the bootloader configuration file at some stage (well at least with most of the distros I've used). Come on, prove me wrong by suggesting a pure point and click distro where the only use for the keyboard is entering passwords, using the Internet and wordprocessing?
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #22 on: 20 August 2005, 20:17 »
I think they might have been joking.
Go the fuck ~

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #23 on: 20 August 2005, 20:23 »
*reads thread from the beginning"
Of course Jimmy - I feel a right dipshit now. ;)
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2005, 09:07 »
Try Damn Small Linux its very cool and will only take 3hrs + a CD (10 min if you don't have a dialup modem)

Jenda

« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2005, 10:56 »
I think they might have been joking.

Indeed...

ksym

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2005, 14:05 »
Quote from: Jenda
I completely disagree with the three of you.
GNU/Linux is a fully functional operating system, and it is much better than any flavour of Windows.

Ever tried Windows Server 2003?

Just askin' ...

If so, then why not make it accessible to everyone? One of the pleasant things about GNU/Linux is the community. The community that happily helps anyone set up their GNU/Linux machines and fix their problems themselves. The more people use GNU/Linux, the stronger the community. The result: more commercial activity, more Free activity, more, better software = better for all of us. The final, hypothetic result: Either the destruction of MS, or the increase in quality and/or decrease in price of proprietary SW = better for all of us, and all of them.

Making Linux accessible to everyone SHOULD NOT BE THE FIRST PRIORITY!
We should first design good standards for application binary distribution. This would mean that base-system should be totally eradicated from the installed apps, instead of integrating them under /usr and such ...

Cool looking GUI is nothing. Techical superiority is everything. Obey your brains instead your eyes, or you are a fucking lamer.

Ok I admit that people like end-user-wimps care not how things work, if they just work. But have you ever tried to find software packages from internet, and just install them on yer linsux box? Does not work, since binary distribution is fucking hard, because GNU/Linux systems are chaotic pieces of shit. This means one gotta trust their distro-spesific software repository, and hope all their software can be found from there ... unless they are smart enough to compile their stuff themselves, which most linsux lusers are not ;)

What is breaking the community? YOU! People who make people change their minds, thank you very much. PLEASE keep to your geeky selves and let US grow! Let us gain POWER! You will benefit.

I won't benefit anything from users who just Use Linux and be content with it. I only benefit from users who are UNSATISFIED, and want to make something new and revolutionary (like the LSB-people and the dudes who make the Komodo -runtime platform).

If people just install Linux to play around with it, and think they are "elite", they are actually doing harm to the entire community. GNU/Linux is too immature to tolerate non-idealists and flegmatic desktop users.

Am I an elitist? Certainly.
Am I a good coder? HELL NO, but I have a lot of ideas and opinions (some of them under development)
Do I really need GNU/Linux spesifically? No, i could do just fine with Windows. I only use GNU/Linux, because I have the power to create, the power to decide for my system.

People who do not really care what they use and why should stick with their Windows (warezzed or legal). Only if you are ready to commit for the development of the entire scene should you use GNU/Linux. Period.
People are stupid.
So: All Operating Systems suck because the people who make them are mostly retards.
-- My piece of Neo-Zen Wisdom

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2005, 14:25 »
In conclusion: on GNU/Linux, it is very hard to distribute in binary form, a package that will work on all or most GNU/Linux systems. Therefore GNU/Linux is a piece of shit.

Yea fucking right.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Jenda

« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2005, 19:07 »
Even GNU/Linux needs the masses. They (or should I say we?) are useful in many ways, including: beta testing & bug reports, financial support via purchase, support in spreading the word (which increases the number of people working). The masses showed important in beating the Software Patent Law in the EU, because without them, it might've passed. Umm... I'm kind of out of words for now, but I'll be back later.

ksym

• Kudos: 30
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2005, 13:51 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
In conclusion: on GNU/Linux, it is very hard to distribute in binary form, a package that will work on all or most GNU/Linux systems. Therefore GNU/Linux is a piece of shit.

Yea fucking right.

Precisely.

(did i spell that word correctly?)
People are stupid.
So: All Operating Systems suck because the people who make them are mostly retards.
-- My piece of Neo-Zen Wisdom