Author Topic: How to learn Mac Os X  (Read 1133 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
How to learn Mac Os X
« on: 20 August 2005, 23:52 »
A guy named Terry White has made a DVD for those who are new to Mac OS X or even new to computers. I applaud this because even for us experienced Mac users there are some things that are quite new. The DVD is 135 minutes long so buy some pop corn while watching it.

http://terrywhite.tv/
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
Re: How to learn Mac Os X
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2005, 00:35 »
Of course truly intelligent people can figure it out on their own.  Thanks to a Mac forum and due dilligence, I was an OSX expert after a week.

And, I'm really sorry, but if you are pounding your head trying to figure out how to do something in OSX, then you should stick to typewriters, because OSX is the easiest most user-friendliest OS ever.  EVER.  It will never get any easier.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2005, 00:46 »
For many people, though, the thought of a computer is a daunting thing. Also, there's a lot of Windows users that are wanting to learn, and they aren't exactly computer savvy, and see it as being "different" and are therefore going to have their mental block up.
Go the fuck ~

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
« Reply #3 on: 3 September 2005, 00:38 »
its a generational gap thing. some people who did not grow up with electronics readily available find it harder to learn. this is a good thing for them.
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #5 on: 5 September 2005, 11:49 »
Wow, that's cool kintaro!