Author Topic: Woohoo! Blackviper is back!  (Read 2229 times)

toadlife

• Kudos: 376
    • http://toadlife.net
Woohoo! Blackviper is back!
« on: 23 August 2005, 09:17 »
Blackviper is back. Blackviper is back! Let's all masturbate to the fact that Blackviper is back!

I hate this moron. He gives out tons of idiotic information about Windows, and tons of clueless noobs soak it up like it's frikken gospel. Follwing this idiot's "guides" will only serve to make your Windows PC less functional, and it does NOT make your PC run faster or give it more memory. This moron needs a lesson on how Windows (or any modern OS) manages memory. If he had a clue he would realize that just because Windows says you have 20 more megs of physical ram free after turning off 15 services doesn't mean when you run quake the game will have 20 more megs of physical ram to use.
:)

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
Re: Woohoo! Blackviper is back!
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2005, 09:29 »
Holy shit.  Am I mistaken, or do those updates link Mac OS X to Linux by way of the BSD-based Darwin?  Isn't that like calling Windows XP VMS (or vice-versa, for that matter)?

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

toadlife

« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2005, 09:45 »
Are you talking about this?

"Regardless, I have purchased a Mac Mini to experiment with OS X and have ventured deeper into the Linux realm."

I didn't even see that...but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if this dude doesn't didn't know difference between linux and BSD.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2005, 16:55 »
Intel has always been more stable (IMHO) and I feel that stability is a major concern. No one can get ANYTHING done if a computer crashes all of the time. It is some hardware and some software problems, but when the majority of programs run "well" on an Intel platform, that is what I am going for.

No, its not that AMD is less stable, its the OS you are using.
sig.

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2005, 18:36 »
Could someone please point to the points where this bloke proves himself to be such a moron? I apoplogize, but I didn't find anything too bad on the two or three pages I skimmed through - and don't have time to read the rest.

toadlife

« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2005, 19:07 »
Quote from: Jenda
Could someone please point to the points where this bloke proves himself to be such a moron? I apoplogize, but I didn't find anything too bad on the two or three pages I skimmed through - and don't have time to read the rest.

Read his Windows services guides. He recommends turning off a ton of Windows services, claiming that it will speed up your computer - when in fact it really doesn't. Turning off Windows services only takes away functionality, and causes various parts of Windows not to work. Counteless people follow his guides and when have problems as a result of it, they forget which services they have disabled. They then come to support forums asking for help.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2005, 19:14 »
and unfortuantly some of those people mistake microsuck.com mhas a support forrum
sig.

Jenda

« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2005, 20:36 »
and unfortuantly some of those people mistake microsuck.com mhas a support forrum

How fortunate for THEM!!! They, among the millions, have a slim chance of being enlightened!

Read his Windows services guides. He recommends turning off a ton of Windows services, claiming that it will speed up your computer - when in fact it really doesn't. Turning off Windows services only takes away functionality, and causes various parts of Windows not to work. Counteless people follow his guides and when have problems as a result of it, they forget which services they have disabled. They then come to support forums asking for help.

Thanks... Poor folks. How happy I am that most of these problems the Windozers have are way out of my... way.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #8 on: 23 August 2005, 20:38 »
I guess Blackviper fans are the same as Gentoo users in the Linux world.

Jenda

« Reply #9 on: 23 August 2005, 20:48 »
Is Gentoo really that bad?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2005, 21:03 »
Quote from: Jenda
Is Gentoo really that bad?
No.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2005, 21:10 »
Gentoo itself isn't that bad, albeit a little tricky at first.  However, it is the Gentoo ZEALOTS, that are the annoying ones.

Just like anything else.
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2005, 22:09 »
Quote from: skyman8081
Gentoo itself isn't that bad, albeit a little tricky at first.  However, it is the Gentoo ZEALOTS, that are the annoying ones.

Just like anything else.

I agree, I said Gentoo users.

Even worse are people who buy Red Hat Enterprise for desktop use. Why the fuck bother with something that is comparable with Fedora Core 3 in desktop use?

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #13 on: 24 August 2005, 00:12 »
If you follow his advice, you will be more secure.  In the same way that you will be more secure if you never leave your bedroom.

I believe his description of Windows Messaging Service is incorrect.  Anybody care to comment on this?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #14 on: 24 August 2005, 01:16 »
Quote from: worker201
If you follow his advice, you will be more secure.  In the same way that you will be more secure if you never leave your bedroom.

I believe his description of Windows Messaging Service is incorrect.  Anybody care to comment on this?

I believe that part is great. It competes to those assholes who sell programs to remove messaging for $ 30.

However, if you're behind a NAT box, you can't get these kind of messages from the outside (unless you mod your NAT box to forward them ;)).
I believe it isn't a vurnability, it technically doesn't do any harm at all.

And besides, Windows users choose a crappy operating system, they should get what they bought.