Author Topic: Mac OS X recording software.  (Read 1353 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Mac OS X recording software.
« on: 24 August 2005, 19:54 »
Hello,

In a number of weeks I will be getting $8,000 AUD crimes compensation, most of this money will go towards getting my car roadworthy and a nice big guitar amp. However I also plan on putting a small sum aside so I can buy a Mac Mini.

I want a Mac Mini because I want a small system to go into the rumpas room where me, my brother, and whatever bands we are in at the time jam. I want it small so it doesn't take up much space and bother my dad about having another computer in the house. I want it for recording stuff, and I will probably get one of those nifty USB sound dongle things that have multiple inputs and good midi support, etc.

What I want to know is what recording software is available for Mac OS-X (don't even mention that peice of shit Audacity please). I am used to using Acid Pro 4 and Soundforge on Windows.

Yours,
Kintaro

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Re: Mac OS X recording software.
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2005, 23:12 »
(don't even mention that peice of shit Audacity please)

I wasn't going to recommend it to you, but what about it is a "piece of shit"?  Really.  I've been trying to use it to fix up some sound files that are RAW files and only import with bad static.

As for OS X stuff...Logic Audio.  I have a screenshot http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3149/naivetylogic5yo.th.jpg but I don't know what the website is.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2005, 00:22 »
Hrm.

I tried recording with Audacity and whenever I would do the second track it would record and half the normal speed, I couldn't be arsed with it when I have real software.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2005, 00:28 »
Sorry if I am restating the obvious, but have you checked out the software Apple offers for editing music?

Logic Express
Logic Pro
Soundtrack Pro
GarageBand

Depending on the features you want and budget you have to spend, one of those could fit your needs.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2005, 00:43 »
Hrm. Logic Pro sounds pretty decent, Logic Express doesn't sound to bad either.