Author Topic: 100 Gmail invites  (Read 1655 times)

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
Re: 100 Gmail invites
« Reply #15 on: 2 November 2005, 11:56 »
Thanks to whoever sent me that invite. Is it possible to use another instant messenger client to message someone who is using MSN messenger? Yes I know it's a dumb question. I'm gonna STFW now.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #16 on: 2 November 2005, 12:08 »
Quote from: Dark_Me
Thanks to whoever sent me that invite.
That was me, and np.
Is it possible to use another instant messenger client to message someone who is using MSN messenger?
You can use your gmail a/c, or your old a/c, for MSN messenger. But if you wanna new client, for whatever reason, there's GAIM.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Dark_Me

« Reply #17 on: 2 November 2005, 12:20 »
I want a new client because Messenger is standard MS fare. That is to say, completely fucked. Thanks, I'm going to get Gaim now. Oh and it's pretty hard to create a non-hotmail account with MSN. To the point that anyone that can fill out the fields could probably hack it and save themselves some time.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #18 on: 2 November 2005, 15:39 »
Oh and it's pretty hard to create a non-hotmail account with MSN. To the point that anyone that can fill out the fields could probably hack it and save themselves some time.

Nah, that's pretty easy (in Microsoft terms).
Simply visit Passport .NET.

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #19 on: 2 November 2005, 15:57 »
I must be one of very few people who uses the internet that doesn't have a gmail account, I really don't see a use for it. :rolleyes:

Dark_Me

« Reply #20 on: 2 November 2005, 16:21 »
2.5GB
That's all I'm going to say.
Though it may not be the only reason.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #21 on: 2 November 2005, 16:29 »
Quote from: MarathoN
I must be one of very few people who uses the internet that doesn't have a gmail account, I really don't see a use for it. :rolleyes:

If you got a nice POP3 account with a spiffy spam filter, there's really no need for it.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #22 on: 3 November 2005, 05:43 »
I only got 20 invites so far, it said 10 invites 2 days ago, so they probably increase to 100 if you wait long enough ... anyone got more than 100 ? or is that max ?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #23 on: 3 November 2005, 05:46 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
I only got 20 invites so far, it said 10 invites 2 days ago, so they probably increase to 100 if you wait long enough ... anyone got more than 100 ? or is that max ?
I think 100 is the max.
I gave 2 away in the last few days and I'm back at 100 again.
I wonder if it's possible to get to 0...
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Dark_Me

« Reply #24 on: 3 November 2005, 10:15 »
Only if you know 100 people. Failing that, just send them to random people.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #25 on: 4 November 2005, 01:59 »
Quote from: Refalm
If you got a nice POP3 account with a spiffy spam filter, there's really no need for it.

I agree, the 2.5GB space doesn't attract me, I don't really care how much space my inbox has, I just care if it has good filtering systems and can block unwanted e-mail easily. :p

Hotmail is absolute scum. ;)

Jenda

• Kudos: 326
« Reply #26 on: 5 November 2005, 13:06 »
Hotmail?

*vomiting out of window*

Notmail...

Jack2000

« Reply #27 on: 5 November 2005, 20:48 »
what just for the 2 gigs ?
i have here 10 gigs at my will
they give space free ... for their customers that is ("Internet Group" is the name of the isp...)

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #28 on: 7 November 2005, 21:52 »
i use my own mail server :D

i only have problems if i want to send mails to AOLtards (AOL blocks servers on dynamic addresses)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #29 on: 9 November 2005, 04:54 »
Quote from: solemnwarning
i use my own mail server :D

i only have problems if i want to send mails to AOLtards (AOL blocks servers on dynamic addresses)

AOL sucks ass !!! :mad: