Author Topic: By Yaweh!  (Read 3765 times)

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
By Yaweh!
« on: 5 November 2005, 06:03 »
Found this while browsing deviant art.

Explain to them that "god" is a word that comes from the germanic 'gud', meaning 'good', and that they refer in such way to their deity because, well, "god is good" and all that crap. Also take the time to explain that 'god' is not a name, but a term, and that if they actually bothered to read their books, they'd discover that the closest thing we have to the name of "god" is the tetragrammaton 'YHVH', which, oh fate and fortune, nobody knows how it is pronounced. Therefore, nobody (except some Sufi monks, I assume) knows what the name of "god" is. Therefore, how can anyone use his name in vain when we don't even know what the darned name is?

Soooo, who's a Christian and who have I offended?
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Re: By Yaweh!
« Reply #1 on: 5 November 2005, 07:34 »
I'm atheist or anti-theist, whatever the situation warrants ...

Archibald MacLeish wrote ... "If God is God he is not good, if God is good he is
not God ..." :D

I expect to be raped by some theists (opposite of atheist) ... bring it ... :mad:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #2 on: 5 November 2005, 07:48 »
I believe in God, only to explain the bits that science can't (like, where did the raw materials for the big bang come from?).
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Dark_Me

« Reply #3 on: 5 November 2005, 09:17 »
There where no raw materials involved in the big bang. Just pure unaduterated energy.
You see matter=energy. So says Ensein. Energy gained=Mass lostxSpeed of light squared or E=MC squared. It's what happens when an atomic bomb goes off. A very small amount of matter (on the level of 100,00's of atoms) is converted into energy. Lot's of energy.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 5 November 2005, 09:23 »
Well where did the energy come from then?

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Dark_Me

« Reply #5 on: 5 November 2005, 09:28 »
No idea. There are some theorys that it's a repeating cycle, when the universe loses all it's outward momentum it will collaps back on itself and the cycle will start all over again. Though that still doesn't explain where it origanally came from. Mabey time repeats? Like a circle, it just keeps going round and round.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: 5 November 2005, 09:31 »
Quote from: Dark_Me
No idea. There are some theorys that it's a repeating cycle, when the universe loses all it's outward momentum it will collaps back on itself and the cycle will start all over again. Though that still doesn't explain where it origanally came from. Mabey time repeats? Like a circle, it just keeps going round and round.
Who/What set the circle (or time) rolling then?

God!

Dark_Me

« Reply #7 on: 5 November 2005, 09:51 »
The whole point behne the circle analogy is that there is no begining to it. It just is. It might seem like a copout but it could be it.
Quote from: Me
There is a reason for everything but one of those reasons is that there is no reason.

It's a moot point anyway as we cannot percive time in any coherent or useful way.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

H_TeXMeX_H

« Reply #8 on: 5 November 2005, 20:43 »
In my opinion Einstein was, in general, a moron (except for Photoelectric effect, that was useful) :), I diagree with his equation (E=mc2) it's flawed, and I have derived the real form, and as for the Big Bang ...

Religion + Science = Big Bang

Who created the Big Bang ? God of course.

I also think all science is bunch of shit, except for maybe a few fundemental laws like Conservarion of Mass and Energy. Scientists can make up all the shit they want and call it truth, it's just shit ! Oh and the matter = energy bit is retarded, and it voilates fundemental laws. All experiments trying to prove Einstein's stupid equation are just stupid, the conclusions dont follow from data:

Perfect Example:
http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/emc1.htm

Quote: "In Paris in 1933, Ir

Jack2000

« Reply #9 on: 5 November 2005, 20:51 »
God ?... science ??
i don't know when i think about it i just get the feeling that everything is like becouse of me every time i do not look at it... it disapears like in THE MATRIX and every thing is there FOR ME
like a big simulation and nothing is real and my mind is makeing it up
as the time goes and stuff and i should stop watching X-Files movies and smoke weed ... people i need help!:eek::nothappy:

*plays DJZenith & Avex - The Music Is Now*

ps:can supply you with a link if you people want :)

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: 6 November 2005, 03:29 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
In my opinion Einstein was, in general, a moron (except for Photoelectric effect, that was useful) :), I diagree with his equation (E=mc2) it's flawed, and I have derived the real form, and as for the Big Bang ...

Religion + Science = Big Bang
You're joking, right?
Scientists can make up all the shit they want and call it truth, it's just shit !
Yea, only as long as all the experiments they (hundreds of scientists) do (over and over again) points their direction.
Oh and the matter = energy bit is retarded, and it voilates fundemental laws. All experiments trying to prove Einstein's stupid equation are just stupid, the conclusions dont follow from data:

Perfect Example:
http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/emc1.htm

Quote: "In Paris in 1933, Ir

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #11 on: 6 November 2005, 04:28 »
Quote from: Dark_Me
There where no raw materials involved in the big bang. Just pure unaduterated energy.
You see matter=energy. So says Ensein. Energy gained=Mass lostxSpeed of light squared or E=MC squared. It's what happens when an atomic bomb goes off. A very small amount of matter (on the level of 100,00's of atoms) is converted into energy. Lot's of energy.

Err.... not exactly. When nuclear fission occurs, a neutron strikes the atom. This causes an imbalance in the forces inside the atomic nucleus, which then splits in half to relieve the pressure. The massive release of energy that results is because of the collapse of the strong nuclear force generated by the protons and neutrons. Then you get two lighter atoms, and two neutrons that spread the fun.

H_TeXMeX_H

« Reply #12 on: 6 November 2005, 05:15 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
You're joking, right?
Yea, only as long as all the experiments they (hundreds of scientists) do (over and over again) points their direction.
I thought the idea was that the particles were converted from light (energy), and not "CREATED by God"?

Bah, forget it ... I suppose I was just joking :D ... just wanted to see people's reaction to "controversial" material ;)

What the fuck was the point of this tread again ?

Narf Man

• Kudos: 10
    • http://www.novgrod.com
« Reply #13 on: 6 November 2005, 05:33 »
What god? What sience?

Man, this is all just somthing I'm dreaming while in a coma.
Damn! Why can't I dream up myself a few million in cash and a trophy wife?

Dark_Me

« Reply #14 on: 6 November 2005, 05:37 »
Quote from: cymon
Err.... not exactly. When nuclear fission occurs, a neutron strikes the atom. This causes an imbalance in the forces inside the atomic nucleus, which then splits in half to relieve the pressure. The massive release of energy that results is because of the collapse of the strong nuclear force generated by the protons and neutrons. Then you get two lighter atoms, and two neutrons that spread the fun.
This is true but if this was the only reason then E=mc2 wouldn't work. I'm more familar with fusion so i'll use that. Your basic fusion reaction is basicaly heating isoptopes of hydrogen up to make it vibrate to the point that when two atoms collide they have enough force to combine into helium and also produce a newtron. So? How does this produce energy? It's not splitting, there are no forces being ripped apart. It does so because of something called the mass deficit. The combined mass of helium and nutron is slightly lighter then the combined mass of the hydrogen. So where did this mass go? It was turned into energy. The same goes for fission.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro