Author Topic: By Yaweh!  (Read 3771 times)

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Re: By Yaweh!
« Reply #15 on: 6 November 2005, 05:43 »
Quote from: Narf Man
What god? What sience?

Man, this is all just somthing I'm dreaming while in a coma.
Damn! Why can't I dream up myself a few million in cash and a trophy wife?

I like the way you think man .. I really wish the same :D :thumbup:

If only this were a dream in deep coma, and when I wake up, everything is perfect ... the way it was meant to be, no science, no religion, no pain, no suffering, no work, no school, no bullshit, and best of all NO Microsoft !!! :eek: :thumbup:

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #16 on: 6 November 2005, 07:01 »
Quote from: Dark_Me
This is true but if this was the only reason then E=mc2 wouldn't work. I'm more familar with fusion so i'll use that. Your basic fusion reaction is basicaly heating isoptopes of hydrogen up to make it vibrate to the point that when two atoms collide they have enough force to combine into helium and also produce a newtron. So? How does this produce energy? It's not splitting, there are no forces being ripped apart. It does so because of something called the mass deficit. The combined mass of helium and nutron is slightly lighter then the combined mass of the hydrogen. So where did this mass go? It was turned into energy. The same goes for fission.

Well yes, but the majority of the energy comes from the collapse of the nuclear force. At least in fission, fusion isn't used nowadays because no one is firing off hydrogen bombs and fusion reactors are a big waste of money.

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
« Reply #17 on: 6 November 2005, 07:17 »
So it's not a matter of if it's a matter of which produces more. I'm not sure, all I can say is that when matter is converted into energy it's a lot of energy.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #18 on: 6 November 2005, 12:20 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
Who/What set the circle (or time) rolling then?

God!

and who created God?

I'm christian myself. But really you can't prove or disprove whether a god/deity exists or that our universe is just one of an infinite number of universes. Either theory is perfectly acceptable .

Would be interesting if there only is one universe and that it is in the state it is because of some mathematically relationship or something.

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #19 on: 6 November 2005, 17:17 »
Deism, baby. No theology to prove or disprove. No bone to pick with everybody else. I believe there's a god, but no, I don't know who they are, nor do I really care.
Go the fuck ~

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #20 on: 7 November 2005, 21:59 »
Quote from: Pathos
and who created God?

I'm christian myself. But really you can't prove or disprove whether a god/deity exists or that our universe is just one of an infinite number of universes. Either theory is perfectly acceptable .
I never tried to, or claimed that I could.

Here is an interesting article I recently found about Roman Catholicism.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #21 on: 7 November 2005, 22:15 »
The concept of god is a little story that primitive people use to explain away their fear of death.  Religion is nothing more than assholes using this fear to control other people.  Really.  Even Wiccans and Satanists are pushing a certain type of morality.  Most religions are just about devoid of spirituality, and are therefore worthless to the modern man who can see that god and religion were constructs he produced to entertain himself while waiting until the universities opened up.

Pathos

« Reply #22 on: 8 November 2005, 09:02 »
And the infinite universe theory is a desperate attempt to explain how a universe that can produce living beings is possible given the near impossible odds without involving a third party.

Religion is not used to control me, I can ditch christianity whenever I fell like it.

Ahhhhhhhhh, You're just trying to suck us in to keep this stupid thread going....

@PenguinPirate: That second bit was just general babble, not directed at you specificially.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #23 on: 8 November 2005, 14:16 »
Quote from: Pathos
And the infinite universe theory is a desperate attempt to explain how a universe that can produce living beings is possible given the near impossible odds without involving a third party.

Religion is not used to control me, I can ditch christianity whenever I fell like it.

In some parts of the world, religion controls the people. For example in my country in the 50's, you couldn't get a decent job in Southern Netherlands, unless you where a Catholic.
There where almost no state run schools, only Christian.

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 8 November 2005, 19:58 »
Regardless of how the state uses religion, religion is still used to control you.  Christianity has a pretty complex list of things that one must do or must not do in order to find salvation.  "Thou shalt not kill" is not a suggestion, it is a law.  Now, admittedly, the 10 Commandments are pretty decent and civilized laws, except for the whole "no other gods before me" thing, and the "lord's name in vain" bullshit.  Okay, so like maybe 5 out of 10 are good laws.

Additionally, if you are a Christian, you are expected to attend worship services on a regular basis - if you don't, you're somehow less Christian - the bible not only tells you what to believe, but how to believe.  There is a priest/minister who is "in charge" of the congregation.  This guy is further subject to a whole heirarchy of jackasses - in the case of Catholicism, this goes all the way to the pope, a guy who has special powers to talk to Jesus directly.  Thus, being a Christian implies aligning yourself within this heirarchy.  This heirarchy is ALWAYS pyramidal, with the normal people at the bottom and the powerful at the top.  By kneeling down to pray, you pass your freedom and responsibility not only to god, but to some rich powerful Italian as well.

If neither of these qualify as examples of any reasonable definition of control, let me know, and I will gladly take it back.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #25 on: 8 November 2005, 21:27 »
The whole human race began with just two people!

The age or the world and universe is just 6000 years!

The rest of the universe revolves around the earth!
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #26 on: 8 November 2005, 23:20 »
I put religion in the same category as astrology, Greek mythology and Scientology.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #27 on: 9 November 2005, 00:01 »
Quote from: worker201
Now, admittedly, the 10 Commandments are pretty decent and civilized laws, except for the whole "no other gods before me" thing, and the "lord's name in vain" bullshit. Okay, so like maybe 5 out of 10 are good laws.

Nice math.  10 Commandments minus 2 bad ones equals 8, not 5. :p
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 9 November 2005, 00:19 »
Quote from: WMD
Nice math.  10 Commandments minus 2 bad ones equals 8, not 5. :p

I decided in mid-sentence (a respected literary comic device) that the whole "remember the sabbath day" thing sucked too.  The number of good commandments is probably somewhere between 7 and 2.  Average rounds to FIVE.  I could get more specific, but that would require looking up the actual ten commandments.

Pathos

« Reply #29 on: 9 November 2005, 01:22 »
To be christian you only have to follow the teachings of christ, there doesn't have to be any formal clergy or priest. God theorically speak with anyone. And the pope isn't Italian.

Religion is nothing more than assholes using this fear to control other people

I have never felt fear because of religion or been taught to do so. Religion is there to provide answers.

If neither of these qualify as examples of any reasonable definition of control, let me know, and I will gladly take it back.

Those are examples of control, thats the point of an established church, to control the message they provide and the behaviours they accept. But they are not controlling the follower, there is no punishment for not following the rules only guidance.

Yes religion can be and still is used to control people but it is more than that.