Author Topic: For those using ripped copies of xp  (Read 3218 times)

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
For those using ripped copies of xp
« on: 7 August 2002, 22:07 »
do not download the new service pack for xp that is going to be released. it will cause the cd key in ripped copies and some massed released corporated editions to become invalid, there is a way to circumvent that though through the registry  ;)
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

caveman_piet

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.pexy.co.za
« Reply #1 on: 7 August 2002, 23:36 »
Yes - go ahead - use these ripped (sic)
copies of M$ XP -
and so serve the needs of Bill Gates.
The plan - "use passwords - force them to crack
it - then they'll start using it - giving copies to all their friends - AND so we'll again get them to spread and use our M$ products".

Why exactly come to THIS forum and rant and rave about cracked M$ products I surely do not understand.
Why even use the rubbish?

By cracking/using any M$ product - you're playing right into their hands.
An illegal organisation is allowed to use "illegal" methods to distribute products?
And an a-moral organisation will therefore
use a-moral means to distribute their goods!!!!
Microsoft apparently thinks that R&D stands for 'Rewrap & Disguise'.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #2 on: 8 August 2002, 00:45 »
wow man, ill have to remember that, just what i need, more chains and shackles from big brother
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

HPC GUY

« Reply #3 on: 8 August 2002, 01:38 »
sorry to stir your craw caveman, this is just a little warning to help those who actually use M$ that their ripped copies will become useless. Didnt mean to push your buttons sheesh..

pkd_lives

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #4 on: 8 August 2002, 02:01 »
Have to agree with caveman. This site is for the eradication of M$, we should not support them in any way.

Also, we should not support the concept of copying CD's and software illegally, I will not stoop to the level of mine enemy and use illegal tatics to achieve my ends.

Especially when I can use open source, and the authors are happy for me to use, copy, spread, butcher their code. Cracking would vanish pretty fast when there is no closed source code to crack open.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #5 on: 8 August 2002, 02:21 »
Also agree 100% with caveman.  I thought it was a very good post...
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

HPC GUY

« Reply #6 on: 8 August 2002, 02:22 »
alright fine...just trying to be helpful and get shitted on, thats ok. I dont like ms either and im not trying to promote m$ products but fuck it...no more insight from me...

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: 8 August 2002, 02:41 »
Then just what did you mean by your post?  Sounds like promotion when you talk about getting it and circumventing the shitty license/registration with a registry hack.  But maybe I missed something....

And I don't believe anyone has "shit" on you. Just steering you down the right path...

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

HPC GUY

« Reply #8 on: 8 August 2002, 03:00 »
some people already have a ripped copy, like the one i have on my dual boot workstation at work, some people dont use linux %100 percent of the time, accept that fact. for those who Do have a ripped copy or a corporate edition this is just to prevent the future frustration of loosing functionallity of their shitty os. thats all...i fail to see how im advocating the use of xp for those who already have it. My dad only know how to use windows, so i had to use a corporate key on his computer because he lacks the learning power to learn linux and how to do all the things he wants to do.

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: 8 August 2002, 03:09 »
The point is, if you need Windows, then use it. But do not pirate it. Buy it legit or don't fucking use it.  Sheez, how hard is that?  If you are going to use it illegally then you gotta be pretty fucking stupid to broadcast that around the internet.  I'm sure you'll be hearing from your favorite company soon.

HPC GUY

« Reply #10 on: 8 August 2002, 03:22 »
thats bullshit, my boss called m$ to rat out best buy doing hard drive loads on customers hdd's (which is majorly illegal if they dont own it) and alot of them dont and we have proof, but M$ didnt give a rats ass and did absolutly nothing. i guess they had nothing to gain by pursuing a company that sells large amounts of computers that come with windows but either way, i could give a two fucks about m$. Dont chastise me about the way i use my software, im sure half the people here own some several gigs of warez which is just as bad so dont be singling me out! if you dont do that shit than fine you have made your point.

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: 8 August 2002, 03:47 »
I'm not singling you out dip shit.  I do this to everyone that comes here talking about warez. And I am not chastising you about your software. I am chastising you about the software that is not yours. Man, your boss must be one very tolerant sum bitch.

HPC GUY

« Reply #12 on: 8 August 2002, 04:14 »
well im sorry i dont meet up to your high and mighty standards. Ill be sure to avoid anything to set off that big head on your shoulders. if your not prepared to read other peoples thoughts and info then maybe you shouldnt post on public sites or get your own forum and ban all the people you dont like so your opinion can be the only one, excluding any ALTERNATIVE opinions. dumbass

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: 8 August 2002, 04:18 »
I enjoy reading alternate opinions.  I don't enjoy reading illegal ones.  I like this site and I hope that it sticks around. It's not going to with childish dweebs like yourself promoting illegal activity.  Now go find a warez site shmuck.

HPC GUY

« Reply #14 on: 8 August 2002, 04:28 »
your the idiot who resorted to personal insult first so smoke that shit and choke. I dont happen to have a collection of warez, you dont know the meaning of illegal, i have seen some illegal shit in my time and this is by far the smallest spec of being illegal (im not saying that makes it right) by telling those who use illegal software of impending doom, didnt mean to scare you, *is that the feds at my door?!* nope sorry. check your ego at the door bud, i can understand you POV doesnt mean you have to force it down my throat. Im through, internet arguments are stupid anyway...

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: HPC GUY ]