Author Topic: Xbox360 Crashes?  (Read 3410 times)

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
Re: Xbox360 Crashes?
« Reply #15 on: 24 November 2005, 20:05 »
Erm, I've never seen an original Xbox crash, I think Refalm is probably right, the problems were caused by Microsoft trying to port their OS to PPC

noob

• Kudos: 74
« Reply #16 on: 24 November 2005, 23:05 »
i crashed my orig xbox. it;s the only M$ thing i actually like.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2005, 01:11 »
Well, if an OS isn't portable, that means it does too much work.  That's one of Microsoft's problems - they have programs doing what the OS should be doing, and OS doing what programs should be doing.  See for instance the arguments against Windows technically being an OS at all, for more details on these issues.

I thought it was kinda funny to see the responses to the Xbox 360.  At Slashdot, 73% (as of yesterday) said they would never own one - that's terrible market share for a system trying to make money off of game licensing.  At some other site, it was really sad how many people were saying "Well, it's Microsoft, of course it is going to crash".  And at some list of comments one young kid said "I like Microsoft, but I hate their bugs".  Just saying.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2005, 01:51 »
It's probably not a porting problem.  Windows NT ran on PPC a decade ago.

Some say it's a heat problem.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2005, 03:54 »
I heard Heat Problems and PSU problems. I also heard the MS said the 360 has a 1 in 20 failure rate
sig.

TB

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #20 on: 26 November 2005, 05:29 »
Quote from: MarathoN
Erm, I've never seen an original Xbox crash, I think Refalm is probably right, the problems were caused by Microsoft trying to port their OS to PPC

The very first time I played an Xbox at my local EB all those years ago, the damn thing crashed on me.....well technically it locked up....but still, it didn't give me a stellar impression of Microsoft's first foray into consoles. And I do recall seeing a screenshot of the Xbox "Green Screen of Death (tm)" (GSOD). Although I believe that was from the Xbox SDK.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2005, 17:31 »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone who buys an XBox is a fucking moron. The XBox crashing is just bad karma from God to say "You idiot, you should have waited for the PS3 that has a processor that is roughly 7x more powerful than that of the XBox."

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2005, 17:33 »
I should also mention the obvious, which is that Microsoft fat heads (CEOs/should be stabbed) probably rushed the release and hence grossly decreased code quality just to get it out shortly before Christmas in every nation that celebrates it, because they know IDIOTS will buy it anyway.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #24 on: 29 November 2005, 18:36 »
Quote from: Kintaro
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone who buys an XBox is a fucking moron. The XBox crashing is just bad karma from God to say "You idiot, you should have waited for the PS3 that has a processor that is roughly 7x more powerful than that of the XBox."

And all those morons buying first batch machines. That's only a good idea if you're rich (even then it's kinda silly), so you can buy another one (or more).