Author Topic: Preventing DVD Playback on Linux Like Prohibition in the 1920's  (Read 1247 times)

dmcfarland

• Kudos: 123
I found this article on slashdot.http://slashdot.org/articles/05/12/01/1952201.shtml?tid=126

The article compares the entertaiment industries efforts to prohibit people from playing back dvd's on Linux to prohibition. The f'ing retards think they can prevent that from happening.
Whip me, Beat me, Humiliate me, Mistreat me, and Windows XP me.:fu:

noob

• Kudos: 74
they cant' stop it. there will be underground projects to play dvd's on linux. xp was said by M$ to be un pirateable. go to any p2p network and find cracks for xp. it's microsoft,. they don;t want people to use linux, definatly not in homes. if they can create some shite about linux being a threat to anti piracy protection, the shit heads that do all this protection crap will listen to them and do what M$ tell them to.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
... come on, any encryption can be cracked, it just takes time ... their attempts to make an un-piratable OS (Vista) or DVD (DMR) are futile. Why don't they just give up ? They'd save a lot of money by not having to invest in developing this shit :D

dmcfarland

• Kudos: 123
These punitive measures end up making people pirates and criminals. I dont see the problem if someone wants to share a music cd, computer program, or anything else as long as they are not trying to make money off it.

They should focus their attention on Asia if they want to crack down on piracy. Its just shows how greedy those bastards are.
Whip me, Beat me, Humiliate me, Mistreat me, and Windows XP me.:fu:

Jack2000

yes free [anything] for every one!
long live piracy (altho this name is not correct)

noob

• Kudos: 74
I pay for music and the odd bit of software, like software developed by somone at home wanting some more income. I would even pay for Windows if it was like half the current price, but it costs too much atm. I would only buy Winblows because I need it at times.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Quote from: noob
I pay for music and the odd bit of software, like software developed by somone at home wanting some more income. I would even pay for Windows if it was like half the current price, but it costs too much atm. I would only buy Winblows because I need it at times.

It's ok ... we all need a good ass raping once in a while.