Author Topic: Windows users unprotected against viruses  (Read 3581 times)

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: Windows users unprotected against viruses
« Reply #30 on: 13 January 2006, 21:34 »
I think it's that alot of viruses take advantage of operating system flaws, but I don't even know if that's true.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #31 on: 14 January 2006, 17:21 »
Quote from: worker201
^^true - Windows virus protection is provided by 3rd party companies

Windows NT of any flavour does offer some protection against viruses it's called running everything under a limited locked down user account - it's been enough to protect my system so far.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #32 on: 14 January 2006, 19:34 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Windows NT of any flavour does offer some protection against viruses it's called running everything under a limited locked down user account - it's been enough to protect my system so far.
Pity it's disabled by default. Perhaps you should make your own distribution... OH, nevermind.

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 14 January 2006, 19:37 »
I don't have to make a distribution, there's an existing Windows distro that does this, it's called Windows 2003. ;)
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #34 on: 14 January 2006, 19:58 »
I don't have to make a distribution, there's an existing Windows distro that does this, it's called Windows 2003. ;)
Ah, nice. I can't find where to download it on microsoft.com though :/
Could you post me a copy?

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 14 January 2006, 20:40 »
You can download it using a Gnutella client of you choice. :)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #36 on: 15 January 2006, 02:38 »

I don't think Windows 2003 creates a limited account by default...I think it just creates Administrator and nothing else (as opposed to XP which creates a second admin account).
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 15 January 2006, 19:06 »
I can't be bothered but you can always try it, see this thread for details of the free trial:http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4822