Author Topic: C# .net  (Read 2804 times)

_kill__bill

• VIP
  • Kudos: 355
C# .net
« on: 10 January 2006, 20:20 »
I've started working on an alternative to Microshit(c)bs(r)tm's C#.NET

I don't want to go through the huge project if there's already one out.

My current name for it is Theta, and it is mostly a C++-like language. Some Java, C, Perl, LISP and .NET stuff in it, too. The preprocessor is totally redesigned :), so no more makefiles (do it all in the preproc). I decided to make it for the gcc, and maybe make a self-compiler.

It will allow interpreting, JIC, compiling, and Java bytecode. :eek: Maybe a couple others.

Any ideas, questions and stuff will occur in this forum until I find a good free webhost ;).
Long Live the Revolution!

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Re: C# .net
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2006, 20:38 »
You can pull all that shit out of your ass, but not a webhost?

I demand a refund!!
Contains scenes of mild peril.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2006, 20:47 »
What license is this thing gonna be?
What exactly is special about this new language?
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

_kill__bill

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2006, 00:35 »
License: BSD

Specialness: Various improvements to the C++ preprocessor, some optimizations, and the scripting ability. Plus the .NET-style framework, without the .NET shit.

I can't get a webhost because I'm functioning behind a hyper-paranoid filter. It even blocks opengl.org :eek: ! Forget any webhosts I can Google.

Any reccomended but virtually unknown webhosts? One that DOESN'T run Winshit?

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2006, 00:45 »
How are you gonna go about this? Fork the g++ code or start from scratch or what?
How long do you rekon it'll be before it's usable?

Why not use Savannah or sourceforge for hosting/everything?

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2006, 01:50 »
Quote from: _kill__bill
I've started working on an alternative to Microshit(c)bs(r)tm's C#.NET

I don't want to go through the huge project if there's already one out.

Then I'd highly suggest you check out Miguel de Icaza's Mono Project.  It's relatively mature, usable, and will be included in Fedora Core 5.  

GPL/lgpl/X11 licencing though, not BSD licencing.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2006, 02:22 »
Specialness: Various improvements to the C++ preprocessor, some optimizations, and the scripting ability. Plus the .NET-style framework, without the .NET shit.

So you have C++ with a nice preprocessor. That's not a new language, that's a new compiler. Optomizatons are a compiler thing too. You don't have anything other then some new C++ libs and a nice compiler.

Why not just use perl for scripting? Why waste time doing something that's already done?

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2006, 08:07 »
I'm impressed by your high goals

So how exactly is this an alternative? Whats so bad about C# .NET?

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2006, 00:02 »
Becau$e it$ MICR0$HAFT TH
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Pathos

« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2006, 07:12 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Becau$e it$ MICR0$HAFT TH

Pathos

« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2006, 13:02 »

themacuser

• Kudos: 120
« Reply #11 on: 17 January 2006, 12:52 »
If you want webhosting, you can email me.
I'm often asked why I hate Microsoft - "What did they ever do to you?". Well, I'll tell you. They made dodgy programs and standards which have wasted hundreds of hours of my time involving lost work in crashes and stupidity.

_kill__bill

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2006, 22:43 »
Sorry it took so long to get back to you all.

I will start the project in Sourceforge, as it is free, anti-Microsoft, and free:)

It's better than C# because even if there are free implementations, the standards are controlled by :fu: Microshit, and you know we can trust them with it.:rolleyes:

My plan is to make a GNU compiler from g++, but then make a 1-pass compiler and an interpreter in Theta itself. Maybe a couple translators (C to Theta, bash to Theta, Java to Theta, etc.).

The language will be fairly Perl-like in interpreter mode, but a little more low-level (actual bits, if u want), and a much more multilingual environment.

As an example, you could do a #le espanol and use si for true, and so on. #le deutch for German, etc. I expect this makes it a hell of a lot easier for international programmers. Even if it just does a grep '//esta//exists', it makes it a lot better in non-English-speaking countries. Japanese, Arabic and the ilk will be tricky, but it'll solve itself (i hope).

The license will be a bit of BSD with some copyleft: you can distribute a binary only, with no open source, but to claim it is Theta (or near-Theta) you must submit the source for review and it has to pass several tests to make sure it has no vendor extensions. This way Microsoft can use and distribute it but not :fu: it over like they tried with Java. Also no spyware.

The scripting will in all likelyhood be underused. I would actually use Perl for that, but testing a Theta program or as a beginner I would probably use Theta. I hate having to g++ foo.c every time I forgot a semicolon or period

If I dissappear off the face of the Earth again, I'm in Delaware for a robotics competition for the weekend.

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2006, 00:37 »
It's better than C# because even if there are free implementations, the standards are controlled by  Microshit, and you know we can trust them with it.

There are free implementations of UNIX, but SCO owns the trademark, does that mean that all unix systems are shit?

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2006, 00:50 »
An ex-member here (Kintaro) had ALOT of good things to say about C#. Some of it's features are innovative, and hadn't been done before. I don't know the  specifics off the top of my head, but would you be incorperating these features into Theta?