Author Topic: Halo2 only for Vista  (Read 3155 times)

Lord C

• Kudos: 15
    • http://www.lordcalvin.co.uk/
Halo2 only for Vista
« on: 9 February 2006, 19:22 »
Halo fans will have to upgrade their computer if they want to follow Master Chief's adventures on the PC.

BBC News Reports.
Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Linux user #348855

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
Re: Halo2 only for Vista
« Reply #1 on: 9 February 2006, 19:37 »
Well, that's what you get for being a g4m3r

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: 9 February 2006, 20:25 »
Or you can buy an XBox and play it ... either way Bill wins. I personally do NOT recommend Halo 2. Having played it myself, I can say it's really not worth it. Somehow, while Halo was somewhat original, Halo 2 has lost all originality. The plot is now based on heavily religious aliens who must rely an the self-sacrifice of a so-called Arbiter, after his being burned and tortured by the very same people that emloy him (cuz he failed against Masterchief) ... in a rather medieval kind of way. Then things get really messy with a giant, talking, underground worm that coordinates all life an the surface (the god worm) ... anyway ... somehow the originality has been obliterated by the crack M$ team of developers ... oh, by the way that might have been a spoiler :D

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 9 February 2006, 20:35 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
Or you can buy an XBox and play it ... either way Bill wins. I personally do NOT recommend Halo 2. Having played it myself, I can say it's really not worth it. Somehow, while Halo was somewhat original, Halo 2 has lost all originality. The plot is now based on heavily religious aliens who must rely an the self-sacrifice of a so-called Arbiter, after his being burned and tortured by the very same people that emloy him (cuz he failed against Masterchief) ... in a rather medieval kind of way. Then things get really messy with a giant, talking, underground worm that coordinates all life an the surface (the god worm) ... anyway ... somehow the originality has been obliterated by the crack M$ team of developers ... oh, by the way that might have been a spoiler :D

And I thought Halo sucked ass, Halo 2 must be really shit.
The only Microsoft game I liked was Age Of Empires.

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #4 on: 9 February 2006, 20:52 »
The only really good thing about Halo 2 was the dual wield weapons in multiplayer, but overall, it just sucked.

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2006, 08:34 »
hmmmm, guess which game I'm not buying.

never liked halo anyway.

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2006, 12:35 »
I don't think that many people were waiting for it anyway (other than those hardcore halo fans) Gearbox screwed up the first game on PC badly on PC...

oh noes teh anti-halo

Jack2000

« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2006, 14:39 »
Halo 1 was good
i must admit as a quake engine maniac
i liked the way IT behaved :D

MarathoN

• Kudos: 168
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2006, 17:37 »
Hmm, having played Halo on the Xbox with a number of people (split-screen) it is the most boring game I have ever played... I couldn't play it for more than 30 seconds without wanting to turn it off, it has no appeal factor to me whatsoever, and its not like I'm going to be upgrading to Vista anyway.... :)

_kill__bill

• VIP
  • Kudos: 355
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2006, 18:42 »
In all honesty, Halo is a pretty good game. I'm not upgrading Windows just to play a game, though. Half-life 2 is better.

The only reason I even have winshit is because
a) peoplepc only works on windows (so they say), and no other isp serves my area
b) gaming (I do own a copy of Halo)
c) usb devices work better on windows at the moment
Long Live the Revolution!

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #10 on: 10 February 2006, 22:43 »
Quote from: _kill__bill
Depends on what usb devices.  Let me just say that Windows won't recognize my camera without driver installation (OSX and Linux do).  Windows won't recognize the existence of a non-FAT formatted usb stick or iPod (OSX and Linux do).  Linux has serious troubles with my Microtek scanner's proprietary interface, and doesn't care too much for my Lexmark printer, either (although it will print if forced and/or beaten).

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2006, 04:12 »
Lexmark is just shit ... the bastards won't make Linux driver for their pos printers ... I recommend HP ... even though they are unethical about some things. And scanners just won't work for some reason. And USB internet is out of the question. Other than that all USB devices I've tried have worked well (USB Floppy drive, USB mouse + keyboard combo, and the HP printer)

cymon

• Kudos: 172
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2006, 05:22 »
Epson is great, at least for Macintosh drivers, which is what I use. Eventually, I'll hunt through my box of SDRAM, bump up the Pentium Pro to 64MB, and throw Vector on there.

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2006, 09:16 »

Say what! I have a Kodak Easy Share camera that works quite well with slackware and gPhoto2. Just plug it into the USB port, fire up gPhoto2 and start downloading pics. Works just great, and I didn't have any problems compiling and setting everything up.

If there are USB devices that don't work so good on linux, it's because these devices are WinCripple hardware that doesn't have standard protocols. Like those shitty Lexmark printers that don't have Linux drivers, and they won't release the protocols so that Linux drivers can be written. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing: Lexmark ink cartridges are ridiculously expensive, and don't last very long either.  :mad:  )
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2006, 17:15 »
Lexmark's gotta die.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.