Author Topic: QBasic Contest  (Read 1840 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
QBasic Contest
« on: 11 February 2006, 02:36 »
Does anyone here still program in the old skule QBasic language?

Well there's a contest over on QBasic.com and $25 of PayPal cash is up for grabs.

Yeah I know there are free and better languages around like C, Java, and even FreeBASIC and they're non-M$ too but some people like QB just because it's fun an as it's no longer supported you're not feeding the dragon by using it and they probably won't sue you if you pirate it.

Note to MODs:
I know this is borderline spam and delete it if you want - it's your call.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Jack2000

Re: QBasic Contest
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2006, 16:58 »
:) I sill use  Quick Basic 4.5 :D

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2006, 18:23 »
I do to every now and again, its runs in both DOSBox and DOSEmu and for the most part in Windows XP but I prefer FreeBASIC which has native options for both Windows and Linux and ye olde DOS.

I still used MS Basic professional 7, here's a screenshot  of it running in DOSEmu:

Notice it also had an option to compile for OS/2 which is interesting as no other MS compiler could compile for other non-MS platforms, well not that I'm aware of anyway. I suppose this was released back in the days before they became a monopoly.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2006, 18:34 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

ReggieMicheals

• Kudos: 228
    • http://osadvocacy.frih.net/
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2006, 20:34 »
Interestingly, when I had OS/2 warp 4 installed(then overwritten by Windows 2000), it contained IBM Qbasic, which oddly enough only had a modded splash screen and help file...
Operating System Advocacy. I've given up on the Microsuck project, as well as any of the minisite spinoffs. You can still view the new beta site, though!

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2006, 10:43 »
I will never go back to the dark side....

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2006, 13:09 »
I wouldn't say using an old outdated MS compiler is going back to the dark side. MS don't win or loose from people using archaic copies of their software because they don't support them anymore. You can download old MS-abandonware  from the Internet and although it's still illegal MS won't bother sueing because they've got better things to do.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2006, 18:03 »
Er, if Bill knew a Microsoft basher uses Windows 3.1, I'm sure it would bring a smile to his face.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2006, 18:18 »
LOL, I do, I have a copy running under Win 98 MS-DOS 7 on one PC and I run is under DOSBox in both Windows XP and Linux.

Pathos

• Kudos: 416
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2006, 05:22 »
I'm keeping legal nowadays. only perfectly legal software/music on the hard drive.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2006, 10:00 »
I don't have any pirate software on my computer, well nothing that's still being supported anyway.

As I said before, I don't think they're going to sue me for having an illegal copy of Micrsoft Basic Compiler Profesional 7.0 which was released back in 1990. :rolleyes:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2006, 16:44 »
No illegal software here, because it's all freeeeeeeeeeee!
As for music/videos, no comment.
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Jack2000

« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2006, 17:45 »
dudes
you are not selling soft or music
this means you are not pirating it !
plus i have something li 10 Gs :) on mine
and still no one

What can I say I love music