Author Topic: OS X 10.4.4 cracked for PCs  (Read 5861 times)

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
OS X 10.4.4 cracked for PCs
« on: 15 February 2006, 06:30 »
http://www.osx86project.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=2
Wahoo! I might try it soon (I could do with a DVD recorder, damnit), just to see if it's habitable (wouldn't be a bad OS to recommend).
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
Re: OS X 10.4.4 cracked for PCs
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2006, 08:06 »
Mac OS X on x86 sucks donkey balls (unless there've been some BIG changes since the last Tiger release).

That is all.

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2006, 13:51 »
Orethrius is right. There are utterly no drivers with OSx86 (All the hardware is Apple, why does it need them?). Well at least for PC hardware.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2006, 17:13 »
Hm. I dunno, I have a radeon which I think should work. Not sure about my IDE stuff and all the rest though.

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Dark_Me

« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2006, 04:46 »
I'd actually like to see this done. Be interesting to see the useability of it.
piratePenguin are you getting a cracked version of OSX or are you downloading a seperate patch? As far as I know only the latter is avalible. That should come with a readme that should tell you what hardware it'll run on.
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2006, 05:33 »
Quote from: Dark_Me
I'd actually like to see this done. Be interesting to see the useability of it.
piratePenguin are you getting a cracked version of OSX or are you downloading a seperate patch? As far as I know only the latter is avalible. That should come with a readme that should tell you what hardware it'll run on.
I'm not gonna try it yet (I'm not bored enough yet). The installation instructions are @ the bottom of http://maxxuss.hotbox.ru/patch_8g1165.html. You can run it in VMWare for sure but I don't wanna do that...
I can't see what hardware it works on. There's no readme with the download.

Dark_Me

« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2006, 07:59 »
I have a readme here (on my box). I just need somewhere to host it. It's a different patch for a different version of OSX (of Tiger I mean).
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2006, 14:39 »
piratePenguin running cracked warez, what's the world comming to. :eek:
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2006, 20:19 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
piratePenguin running cracked warez, what's the world comming to. :eek:
Yea PIRATEpenguin ;)
I only wanted to try it. No hope in hell would it replace GNU/Linux on my box.

Crap I don't think my Athlon XP will work on Mac OS X, no SSE2/3 (check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE3 to see if your chips have them).

I think I could still run it in VMWare but I'm not gonna bother.

The guy says:
There's still a lot of work to do, like

* support for AMD CPUs,
    * support for SSE2-only CPUs,
    * a proper installation procedure.
I'd wait for the "proper installation procedure" before trying this, because after reading the instructions I'm still not sure how I'd go about installing that thing...

And people say Mac OS X is user-friendly? :p

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2006, 20:44 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
I think I could still run it in VMWare but I'm not gonna bother.

So you use VMWare which isn't free, is it bent or did you actually pay for it?

I thought you didn't have any non-free software running on your machine.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2006, 21:12 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
So you use VMWare which isn't free, is it bent or did you actually pay for it?

I thought you didn't have any non-free software running on your machine.
I don't have VMWare installed. I wasn't even sure VMWare runs on GNU/Linux. Most of Mac OS X is non-free anyhow so... I only wanted to try it out. There's not a hope in hell I'm gonna install VMWare to try it out. I wouldn't expect it to run great in it.

GNU/Linux runs pretty damn good on this box, it would be interesting to see how Mac OS X would compare. But it needs SSE2, which I don't have, so the comparison results are as follows:

GNU/Linux.........runs brilliantly
Mac OS X...........doesn't run atall

Dark_Me

« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2006, 00:41 »
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
-Kintaro

davidnix71

• Kudos: 501
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2006, 01:29 »
The reason for VMWare is to avoid the hardware driver issue. If it doesn't run native you may as well run Open BSD since a virtual OS Tiger is going to be slow and you won't be able to use iTunes or the Apple DVD Player.

I hope this doesn't fly. Apple makes money selling hardware.  Pirating their OS would ruin them.

anphanax

• Kudos: 11
    • http://june.tripod.com
« Reply #13 on: 27 February 2006, 04:35 »
"Pirating their OS would ruin them."

I somehow doubt that with the success of the iPod, and the iTunes Music Store (I know, the profit is supposedly from the iPod, not their music store).

Off-topic:
Why do people keep referring to Mac OS X as Linux (certian people on Slashdot, for example)? I'm pretty sure that Darwin isn't Linux.

Xeniczone

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #14 on: 27 February 2006, 05:24 »
Mac OS x is built on Unix. But it still has really no relations to linux other then that It can't use linux software drivers etc.

They do have a point. running mac os x on a x86 system is pointless there aren't any drivers for anything other then mac hardware. DUH!!! kinda pointless project when you think about it.