Author Topic: Microsoft claims onwnership of Linux copyright.  (Read 1167 times)

Dark_Me

• Kudos: 314
Microsoft claims onwnership of Linux copyright.
« on: 2 March 2006, 00:16 »
Clicky.

On February 27th, 2006 Microsoft sent their monthly takedown notices to mybittorrent.com. Rex received it this time first then forwarded it to Watcher and Tyrant for them to deal with. Tyrant took the honors. Since the Microsoft email this time seemed to be a little softer worded than previous he decided to go over each of the dozen or so links they provided carefully, it was then that he noticed that Microsoft was not only asking for the removal of their own material but was requesting the removal of Xandros-30-servicespack2.zip.torrent and some other files that he highly doubts Microsoft even has the right to ask for the removal of even though they claim authority over them.

Sheer stupidity? A bot? What do you think?
Capitalism kicks ass.
-Skyman
If your a selfish, self-centred prick, who is willing to leave half the world in poverty, then yes.
-Kintaro

noob

• Kudos: 74
Re: Microsoft claims onwnership of Linux copyright.
« Reply #1 on: 2 March 2006, 00:34 »
They suck. Open Office, alternitive to their software. Linux, alternitive to their shiteware. Dual boot guide for Windows and Ubuntu, WTF. It looks like sharing knowledge and having a mind of your own is illigal now. I wouldn't hate M$ as much if they allowed people to choose what they want running on their pc. They can't stop you, but they will find ways to get back at you.
Windows XP Service Pack 2. Because we couldn't be arsed the first time.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Look, now you don't need that bloody CD to install new hardware.

Windows Vista. Even your computer knows you have a small penis.

Windows Blackcomb. We are planning the OS after Vista, which is allready a year late.

Windows ME, the Marmite Operating System.

XP Mobile. Take your errors with you.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #2 on: 2 March 2006, 01:40 »
Microsoft is a bunch of morons. Like giving websites take down notices when they arent. Even look at the pirate bay . org. Microsoft gives them take down notices when they are switzerland.
sig.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: 2 March 2006, 03:22 »
Hehe ... this sounded a lot more serious from the title ... I thought M$ had actually claimed ownership of Linux ... man, that would have really really really x 1 billion pissed me off. Luckily ... looks like they're just retards :D

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
« Reply #4 on: 2 March 2006, 03:23 »
Must be a bot.  Not responsible behavior.  We should post a file and call it microsuckservicepack2.zip.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #5 on: 2 March 2006, 03:37 »
Hah. It would probably say to remove it
sig.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #6 on: 2 March 2006, 10:29 »
Yep, their search engine searches torrent sites for files with Microsoft product related names and emails them asking for there removal which is pathetic I know. Well they know what to do now, add the email address to the blocked spam list.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: