Author Topic: Seattle Weekly vs Microsoft? Yeah, right...  (Read 1085 times)

DavidB

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.freedomware.us/
Seattle Weekly vs Microsoft? Yeah, right...
« on: 19 March 2006, 16:13 »
The Seattle Weekly has been dumping a lot of dirt on Microsoft lately, enough to make many people believe the Weekly is an example of the "alternative media," maybe even a bit of an activist tabloid. But its true colors shine brightly in this week's cover story, "Microsoft's Big Bet: Win With the Web." The author is none other than the infamous Mary Jane Foley, Microsoft whore extraordinaire.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/0611/microsoft-vista.php
Bill Gates & George W. Bush = America's Greatest Traitors (Freedomware and Jail4Bush)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Seattle Weekly vs Microsoft? Yeah, right...
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2006, 18:00 »
Interestig, my biggest concern is theri Windows Live products enabling them to dominate the web even more than they do today, this could mean that in the end you'll need to be running their OS to get any decent experiance from the Internet. I agree with their prediction that Windows Vista's biggest competitor will be older versions of Windows, Mac OS is too expensive because it requires dearer hardware, and Linux is nowhere near ready for the average clueless user. I hope people will realise that Vista offers no significant  advantage to XP and see no need to upgrade but there agan history will just repeate itself and Vista will dominate within the next five years.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2006, 03:30 »
Although the latest version of Microsoft Windows is more than six months from shipping, company brass already have christened Vista as the best and biggest Windows release since Windows 95. The company is making bold predictions, claiming Vista will be preloaded on as many as 200 million new personal computers in the first 24 months that the product is available.

200 million ... that's quite a few ... how much $$$ will this earn Bill ? A shitload methinks ... at least 20 billion at most 100 billion

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2006, 05:20 »
Quote from: H_TeXMeX_H
200 million ... that's quite a few ... how much $$$ will this earn Bill ? A shitload methinks ... at least 20 billion at most 100 billion
Quote from: Agent_Smith
Tell me, Mister Anderson: what good are systems, if you are unable... to retail?

:cool:

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals