Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 1149 times)

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
Firefox
« on: 14 April 2006, 04:08 »
New Rev out for FireFox.  1.5.0.2

Apparenty it fixes a very serious flaw that can allow attackers to take over your system.  No details about the flaw, or what systems it affects...

Does anyone have a working spec file that can be used to build a FF rpm from source?  Google gives lots of hits to Thomas Chung's spec file, but it isn't a real source RPM spec file.  Rather, it takes the precompiled tarball and packages it into an RPM, and I would like to recompile.
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: Firefox
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2006, 21:56 »
Dunno about RPMs, but you could use paco to produce a list of installed files at "make install" time. Then you could package the files from the list into an RPM, remove them from your filesystem (paco can do that for you), and install the RPM.

I use paco for all my packages.

If you don't mind it actually not being an RPM, but just want it to be easy to remove, just install it with paco ('paco -l -p firefox "make install"' when it comes to "make install" time). You can remove the package in gpaco, the graphical frontend to paco (not certain of the command-line way ATM, ages since I uninstalled a package).
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.