Author Topic: Destroy Internet Explorer campaign gets tooled up  (Read 2277 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Destroy Internet Explorer campaign gets tooled up
« Reply #15 on: 7 June 2006, 15:36 »
Quote from: piratePenguin
Beats Opera - who - won't release the code of their web-browser because, I read in an interview with the CEO, they don't see the benefit in releasing the source. Just who's benefit do you think he's thinking about when he says that?

Probably because they'd loose their sales of Opera for portable devices.

Anyway, I'm glad Opera's closed source in a way because it stops it becoming bloated with shit, alright if I were a nerd I could possible recompile it but luckilly I don't have to bother.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: Destroy Internet Explorer campaign gets tooled up
« Reply #16 on: 7 June 2006, 19:02 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Probably because they'd loose their sales of Opera for portable devices.
Opera mini is the one for portable devices.

Anyhow even if they did make Opera mini free - if the device makers want a good web-browser - if they want Opera mini to have it's development continued - they will have to pay Opera if they don't find someone else to develop it. If they don't, then it just won't be developed, much.

Anyway, I'm glad Opera's closed source in a way because it stops it becoming bloated with shit
Oh yea - because all free software is bloated with shit.
alright if I were a nerd I could possible recompile it but luckilly I don't have to bother.
You've used Firefox - did you have to compile it just because it's free software?
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.