Author Topic: 1 mail program  (Read 2358 times)

Jack2000

1 mail program
« on: 2 June 2006, 16:54 »
I am considering to use
a mail program
maby a mozilla one ore maby something else

soo
I ask you ...
Wich is your favourite mail program :)

it has to be free afcourse

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
Re: 1 mail program
« Reply #1 on: 2 June 2006, 17:48 »
Thunderbird is pretty good (it's Mozilla) ... I don't really use it too often though.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 2 June 2006, 19:07 »
Opera Mail for my other e-mail address, but usually I use Gmail.

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #3 on: 2 June 2006, 19:47 »
Evolution (good if you use GNOME), mutt (text-based mail client).
I've heard thunderbird is good too.

EDIT: KDE has a mail reader too. I can't remember the name, but it was probably KMail (very creative :p).
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #4 on: 2 June 2006, 20:08 »
pine, for spam-fighting emergencies

Thunderbird for daily use

I used to use balsa, but it would hang on certain bits of HTML code and become unusable until you purged the message, either by hand from the mailbox file, or using pine.  So unfortunately, I cannot recommend balsa.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #5 on: 2 June 2006, 22:06 »
Opera comes with a built-in email client but it's shit, it's my only criticism of what otherwise is a great piece of software.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 2 June 2006, 22:14 »
[offtopic]I knew there had to be something about Opera you didn't like...[/offtopic]

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #7 on: 2 June 2006, 22:19 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Opera comes with a built-in email client but it's shit, it's my only criticism of what otherwise is a great piece of software.
[offtopic]So Opera's not a great piece of software? ;)[/offtopic]
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 2 June 2006, 22:43 »
[offtopic]Opera's the best browers but it isn't the best email client, I might just put it ahead of Outlook because for security's sake but it's inferiour as far as features are concerned.

Either way if you have a low memory machine it's probably better than using Firefox and Thunderbird as it does two jobs with one piece of software, therefore makeing the most effective use of available memory. :p[/offtopic]
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 2 June 2006, 23:43 »
[offtopic]Is this really offtopic? If you surf the web and check your mail at the same time, then your arguement makes sense. In fact, anything that makes multitasking easier on a low power computer is great. But how many people are so hardcore that they can read email and surf the web at the same time?

Personally, if I was going to do the mail/web-at-the-same-time-with-the-same-program thing, I would probably use Mozilla. Sea Monkey even. Mozilla's mail client is top notch, and Sea Monkey is a rad browser.[/offtopic]

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 3 June 2006, 00:02 »
[offtopic]LOL true, but Sea Monkey is more bloated than Opera - not ideal on low end hardware.[/offtopic]

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #11 on: 3 June 2006, 01:26 »
Funny how you guys jump at any attempt to discredit Jonez's love for Opera. ;)
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

GenuineAdvantage

• Kudos: 449
« Reply #12 on: 3 June 2006, 08:55 »
I go with thunderbird because it's virtually identical on any OS it runs while still being good. It's simple too, no clutter for simple use.

Jack2000

« Reply #13 on: 3 June 2006, 10:07 »
:) right
then it is going to be thunderbird
becouse i DO surf the net and chek my mail all at  the same time

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #14 on: 5 June 2006, 19:46 »
[OFFTOPIC]I agree that Opera Mail is shit, but it serves sending the occasional e-mail on my second account.[/OFFTOPIC]