Author Topic: SUSE Enterprise Desktop is looking /nice/ !  (Read 945 times)

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
SUSE Enterprise Desktop is looking /nice/ !
« on: 29 June 2006, 17:23 »
some short videos I've been impressed with
a very big video (it's a "press demo" - 126Mb. I haven't finished downloading it yet so I can't comment on it)
(all the videos are OGG, which is great of course)

Novell's preview page
slashdot discussion

an OSnews review
some quotes from that review:
Of course it is difficult to draw any conclusions after only such a short time of usage, but already I can confidently say that this release candidate outshines Windows Vista's beta; SLED provides fancy effects without slowing the computer down and also gives you advanced search capabilities in a well-integrated fashion. I'd even go as far as to say that even Apple should be worried; SLED has all the bling and integration at the application level that the MacOS offers; however, SLED can be installed on computers most people already have. And that's an advantage.

A huge one, at that.
(it's a short review, shouldn't take long to read)
another short enough review that I haven't fully read, but here's a quote from the end:
Users who are completely new to Linux will be put off by SLED
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.