Author Topic: AI programmers needed for a game mod.  (Read 1726 times)

_kill__bill

• VIP
  • Kudos: 355
AI programmers needed for a game mod.
« on: 31 July 2006, 00:42 »
Okay, you probably think this is going to flop like my other projects, but I could use some people who have experience with AI programming.

I, and several other people, are making a mod of the game "Half-Life 2". Website here, media here, and forums here. The mod is a sequel to the game Half-Life: Blue Shift, and we call it Blue Shift 2. Runs on the Source engine, which is Windows-only :mad: because when it was made Linux had weak support for graphics cards and Macs still used PPC chips.

I'm doing programming for weapons and stuff, as well as making maps and leading. We have a lot of work done already, but we have no one who can program AI, myself included.

This doesn't actually resist Microsoft, kinda requires it (Visual C++, Windows), but I figured I'm not enough of a jackass to have noone here help out.

I've heard HL2 runs on wine, but never tried it. I'll work hard to make this mod run on it as well, but no guarantees.

So far we have several maps in progress, a couple weapons in alpha, and several of the models complete.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Long Live the Revolution!

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
Re: AI programmers needed for a game mod.
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2006, 01:04 »
Quote from: _kill__bill
Okay, you probably think this is going to flop like my other projects, but I could use some people who have experience with AI programming.

I, and several other people, are making a mod of the game "Half-Life 2". Website here, media here, and forums here. The mod is a sequel to the game Half-Life: Blue Shift, and we call it Blue Shift 2. Runs on the Source engine, which is Windows-only :mad: because when it was made Linux had weak support for graphics cards and Macs still used PPC chips.

I'm doing programming for weapons and stuff, as well as making maps and leading. We have a lot of work done already, but we have no one who can program AI, myself included.

This doesn't actually resist Microsoft, kinda requires it (Visual C++, Windows), but I figured I'm not enough of a jackass to have noone here help out.

I've heard HL2 runs on wine, but never tried it. I'll work hard to make this mod run on it as well, but no guarantees.

So far we have several maps in progress, a couple weapons in alpha, and several of the models complete.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Wouldn't source SDK let you make your own mod without having to do programming like that? Or am i out of my mind?
sig.

_kill__bill

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2006, 01:37 »
It does, but the I think the mod would be better if there were new enemies. It gets kinda repetitive fighting the same people time and time again.

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2006, 04:04 »
Well, if it requires Window$ ... then I can't help ya (not that I could help too much anyway), all my machines are permanently switched to Linux.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2006, 07:21 »
It does, but the I think the mod would be better if there were new enemies. It gets kinda repetitive fighting the same people time and time again.

Model new characters:)
sig.

_kill__bill

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2006, 17:20 »
Quote from: Lead Head
Model new characters:)

But they'd still behave the same. I'm trying to add someone like the ninja-assassins from the first Half-Life.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2006, 20:32 »
But they'd still behave the same. I'm trying to add someone like the ninja-assassins from the first Half-Life.

Ah...AI programmers, i thought the thread read "All programmers..."
sig.