Author Topic: ,,,hmm  (Read 1914 times)

<EclipticZero>

,,,hmm
« on: 16 December 2001, 16:13 »
Do any of you understand a thing about how Windows works? or are you all just saying Windows sucks because you like to agree with all the "l33t hackers" who use Linux?

CommonSense

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.microsuck.com
,,,hmm
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2001, 21:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by <EclipticZero>:
Do any of you understand a thing about how Windows works? or are you all just saying Windows sucks because you like to agree with all the "l33t hackers" who use Linux?

In my case, the former.  And more than that:  I know about how Microsoft works.  That pretty much settles it for me.

killerangel0101

,,,hmm
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2001, 21:46 »
ok i am tire of this linux or unix whatever i want a fucking OS  the doesn't hide shit from me and OS   is all about fucking  internet i like programming and fucking playings games. linux and unix whatever  they don't have games and i don't like there desktop there color or boot up whatever is lame .

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
,,,hmm
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2001, 23:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by killerangel0101:
ok i am tire of this linux or unix whatever i want a fucking OS  the doesn't hide shit from me and OS   is all about fucking  internet i like programming and fucking playings games. linux and unix whatever  they don't have games and i don't like there desktop there color or boot up whatever is lame .

Translation:  I Love Linux!
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

<EclipticZero>

,,,hmm
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2001, 04:51 »
The Webmaster: Seeming you know so much about how Microsoft works, maybe you could explain to me how the new .NET services will work and further more, about Microsoft's Cairo Concept List that will be implimented into the upcoming Blackcomb Operating System.

killerangel0101: As for you, you didn't answer my question at all, and you didn't even make sense on what you were saying.

Voidman: perhaps you could answer my question as well, thanks. :)

voidmain

• VIP
,,,hmm
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2001, 04:59 »
quote:

I have a better idea.  Why don't you explain to me why we need to know a *thing* about .NET?  Or why I should care about any concept Microsoft has (to my knowlege they've never had an original concept). Let alone any new Black-Bomb operating system.  I've used every one of their OSs extensively and they keep promising, I keep being disappointed.  What could they possibly do to convince me this is going to change.  By the way Mr. Gates, please register so we can rate you.  

voidmain

• VIP
,,,hmm
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2001, 06:08 »
quote:

Actually I won't wait for you to explain to me why I need to know about these things.  I'll tell you why they scare me and why they should scare others.  One of the *biggest* reasons I hate Microsoft is because of their practices.  And because they are too big and powerful, not just in the software world.  It's not enough for them to have a monopoly in desktop computer OSs, browsers, Office products, and have pretty much wiped out the File/Print server players. But they want to own the Internet, and ultimately they really want to own the world.  If you can't see that then have a buddy pin you down and pull those blinders off.  .NET and Blackbomb is Microsofts way to take control of the Internet.  This *should* scare people and they should fight it.  They don't play with others.  They do their own thing, they mass advertise, and it is done, everyone else goes out of business, even though the product sucks.

It's not enough I have to see those freakin' XP commercials on every channel on TV every 5 seconds, but Paul Allen (cofounder MS) bought out my cable company so I have to pay the fiddler if I want broadband access.  Then he goes and buys out zdtv (now techtv) which used to be a good program, 75% Linux and 25% other, now it's a freakin' Microsoft show with a Jerry Lewis (in his old days) look-a-like geek spreading stupidity.  I have to see MSN wrappers on my EX-favorite web sites.  Microsoft this, Microsoft that, STOOOOOPPPPPP!!!! I'm going to blow.

Now they come out with the X-Crocks and it wouldn't surprise me that they will use questionable practices to push the other players out of that market. Because they've made a lot of money from a lot of stupid people they shouldn't have the right to buy out/monopolize everything in site.  It's driving me to start thinking of another profession because Microsoft goes against every one of my moral values. They have definately used their first monopoly to create several other monopolies in my opinion and *that* my freind is illegal.

The most I can do is to try and push alternatives hoping MS doesn't wipe out everything else in site.

[ December 16, 2001: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

<EclipticZero>

,,,hmm
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2001, 06:38 »
I totally agree that Microsoft are trying to take control of the Internet, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see why they shouldn't. If you haven't noticed an improvement from Microsoft's old products and their new products then there's seriously something wrong with you. I'm not here to say Windows is the best, I'm only here to ask curious questions why you think Microsoft sucks.

If it weren't for Microsoft, Computers would not be what they are today. If Microsoft does take control of the internet, which it is obvious that's what they're trying to do, how do you know they'll screw it all up?

.NET sounds fantastic, infact, having all of these new .NET services should be interesting to hear about. My Photos for example will be able to help the average computer user add, remove and even share photos with the family and friends.

Of course, a lot of us novice computer users may not need this; however, Microsoft are obviously trying to help out the average computer user improve skills by making it easier.

Same goes with My Calender, which is also an interesting service. To me it sounds like you know quite a bit about computers; however, there are shitloads of people who know nothing about it, and that's where Microsoft's Blackcomb comes in and helps these people.

I can see why you don't like Microsoft, after reading your previous message and that's fair.

Thanks for responding VoidMain, all appreciated.

:)

voidmain

• VIP
,,,hmm
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2001, 06:55 »
quote:
I totally agree that Microsoft are trying to take control of the Internet, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see why they shouldn't.

I think you are mentally disturbed...  The Internet is like "air" and I've been on it since it was still the ARPANET.  I suppose you think Microsoft should take over "air" and charge you for every breath you take, let alone the uncomfortable feeling you would have when the first "MSair" virus makes it's rounds.

quote:

If you haven't noticed an improvement from Microsoft's old products and their new products then there's seriously something wrong with you. I'm not here to say Windows is the best, I'm only here to ask curious questions why you think Microsoft sucks.

Sure Microsoft products have improved somewhat but not in many ways that they *should* have been improved.  They should have improved by being a better citizen in the standards commitees instead of going out and doing their own thing.

quote:

If it weren't for Microsoft, Computers would not be what they are today.

What, virus traps?

quote:

If Microsoft does take control of the internet, which it is obvious that's what they're trying to do, how do you know they'll screw it all up?

To tell you the truth, if they took over the internet I wouldn't care if they screwed it up or not because I would become a cave dweller.

quote:

.NET sounds fantastic, infact, having all of these new .NET services should be interesting to hear about. My Photos for example will be able to help the average computer user add, remove and even share photos with the family and friends.

But monopoly is key here. It strickly relies on things like MS SQL Server (another concept not developed by MS but purchased from Sybase).  I suppose you want Ford to own the highways too.

quote:

Of course, a lot of us novice computer users may not need this; however, Microsoft are obviously trying to help out the average computer user improve skills by making it easier.

Yep, that's what they tell you, and that's what you hear on their commercials.

quote:

To me it sounds like you know quite a bit about computers; however, there are shitloads of people who know nothing about it, and that's where Microsoft's Blackcomb comes in and helps these people.

That's where you are wrong.  That's where http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com/ comes in and helps people.

Rather than repeating some of my "specific" reasons for thinking Microsoft OSs are inferior feel free to search this message board for some of my other posts.  I don't like to repeat myself.

Enjoyed the chat!

gump420

,,,hmm
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2001, 11:34 »
quote:
I totally agree that Microsoft are trying to take control of the Internet, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see why they shouldn't. If you haven't noticed an improvement from Microsoft's old products and their new products then there's seriously something wrong with you. I'm not here to say Windows is the best, I'm only here to ask curious questions why you think Microsoft sucks.

Okay, let's go for a dose of something called reality here. Say Microsoft is successful in taking control of the internet. You know all that free stuff you can download? It'd be gone. You know those low prices you can get when you shop online? Also out the window. But, most importantly, you know how you can go online and read anybody's opinion (take this site for instance)? I guarantee you, that would be the first to go.

Microhack is NOT a benign or altruistic company. Similarily, they do not want control over they exchange of information online so that they can do everybody favors. They want to be able to tax that exchange, censor the stuff they don't like, and leverage the internet to expand their monopolies and ensure their continued existance.

quote:
If it weren't for Microsoft, Computers would not be what they are today.

This is where you begin to REALLY show your ignorance. First of all, Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak is the person responsible for the desktop computer. He had a dream and he built it, and that is the spark that ignited the flame. The other Apple cofounder, Steve Jobs, had a very big hand in bringing a graphical interface to a personal computer (called the Macintosh). And you know where Bill Gates got the idea? Apple. Bill Gates licensed parts of Apple's OS for Windows (he didn't even invent DOS, his prior OS - he bought it). However, Apple was too generous with the terms of that agreement and got royally screwed; the important part is, though, that Apple made the computer what it is today, and M$ pretty much stole the idea out from under them.

quote:
If Microsoft does take control of the internet, which it is obvious that's what they're trying to do, how do you know they'll screw it all up?

The best proof for that is their track record. Microsquish doesn't just suck at security; they have no concept of security whatsoever. One of the big reasons they want to take control of the internet is so that they can take control of the information, namely your information. Think identity theft is scarey now, just wait until .NET really gets underway.

quote:

The truly sad thing here is that Microsoft will not be doing anything new with .NET. What they do is take a free idea and add a price tag to it. You don't need Windows XP to share photos or do anything else on the internet; heck, you can probably even find a way to do it easier for free without having to buy XPee.

In any case, the services provided by .NET are not the purpose for it's existence; they are the lure. The purpose is to drive all competition out of the OS marketplace by making it so the internet can only be used from a Windows machine. That is what .NET is really about. (And if you think you'll be able to access any .NET service from Linux or Mac OS, then I have some prime lakefront real estate on the moon you may be interested in.)

quote:

No, they are not trying to help the average computer user. In fact, their entire mission rely's on the ignorance of that same average user. The one thing that would truly challenge Macrohard's power would be for the average computer user to educate themselves so they wouldn't become dependent on M$.

quote:
Same goes with My Calender, which is also an interesting service. To me it sounds like you know quite a bit about computers; however, there are shitloads of people who know nothing about it, and that's where Microsoft's Blackcomb comes in and helps these people.

I can see why you don't like Microsoft, after reading your previous message and that's fair.

Thanks for responding VoidMain, all appreciated.

:)

They key to Microsoft's success in taking over the internet is in convincing people like yourself that you need them, when the truth is that they are dependent on you.

So, do us all a favor, and go buy an iMac. I can personally guarantee you that there is nothing you can do a Windows box that you can't do with a Macintosh. (You won't miss out on anything on the internet, either.)
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

voidmain

• VIP
,,,hmm
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2001, 12:11 »
Gump, I wondered how you got those 5 stars.  Now I see how!

<Zombie9920>

,,,hmm
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2001, 12:30 »
Ecliptic Zero wrote,

"If it weren't for Microsoft, Computers would not be what they are today."
------------------

That is true. If it wasn't for Microsoft Windows we wouldn't have processors running at 1ghz+, we wouldn't have Video cards with a built in GPU capable of displaying incredible 3D images w/good FPS, we wouldn't have advanced sound cards, etc.
Why, Microsoft doesn't make the stuff? You may ask. The answer is simple, Microsoft Windows started becoming more and more system demanding therefore forcing hardware manufacturers to make faster/better hardware to make the latest and greatest OSes run decent. God knows we wouldn't have the GeForce/Voodoo/Kyro II/Radeon if we were all using Linux boxes simply because Linux isn't a very good gaming OS. The only APIs compatible with Linux is OpenGL and OpenAL. Direct3D and Direct Sound are definatley superior to OpenGL and OpenAL because of all the Eye/Ear Candy that can be used with the API. Why would CPU/Memory/chipset/hard drive makers improve thier hardware for Linux since runs fine on low end systems? We all can thank Windows for the advancement of technology.

voidmain

• VIP
,,,hmm
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2001, 12:47 »
quote:
Originally posted by <Zombie9920>:
Ecliptic Zero wrote,

------------------

God knows we wouldn't have the GeForce/Voodoo/Kyro II/Radeon if we were all using Linux boxes simply because Linux isn't a very good gaming OS.

I certainly won't pretend to be a gamer, I'd rather be out doing the real thing but I can't help to remember back when Doom II came out.  Right away there was a version for Linux. You gamers probably know the guy's name, I certainly dont but I think he founded idSoftware?  At any rate the documentation that came along with the Linux version included a comment by the guy who wrote it. It roughly said, "Why did I write a version of Doom II for Linux and give it out for free? Because Linux gives me a woody."

<Zombie9920>

,,,hmm
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2001, 13:00 »
EclipticZero wrote,

".NET sounds fantastic, infact, having all of these new .NET services should be interesting to hear about. My Photos for example will be able to help the average computer user add, remove and even share photos with the family and friends."

--------------------------------------------------

I like the concept of .NET where we will be able to go anywhere on the net with a single passport.
I don't like the concept of .NET because it will lock any OS that isn't running a .NET OS out of alot of sites. I don't think it is right for Bill to do this because it will cripple the World Wide Web for other OSes. Knowing Microsofts track record, there will be alot of big sites that will jump on the .NET bandwagon. I don't think it is right to lock users of alternative OSes out of the net. Microsoft needs competition. If Bill crushes all alternative OSes it will result in a future of Microsoft products that aren't improved much because there will be no compelling reason for him to lure new computer users in plus the free MS updates we know and love(LOL) will probably no longer be free.

gump420

,,,hmm
« Reply #14 on: 18 December 2001, 07:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by <Zombie9920>:
Ecliptic Zero wrote,

------------------

That is true. If it wasn't for Microsoft Windows we wouldn't have processors running at 1ghz+, we wouldn't have Video cards with a built in GPU capable of displaying incredible 3D images w/good FPS, we wouldn't have advanced sound cards, etc.
Why, Microsoft doesn't make the stuff? You may ask. The answer is simple, Microsoft Windows started becoming more and more system demanding therefore forcing hardware manufacturers to make faster/better hardware to make the latest and greatest OSes run decent. God knows we wouldn't have the GeForce/Voodoo/Kyro II/Radeon if we were all using Linux boxes simply because Linux isn't a very good gaming OS. The only APIs compatible with Linux is OpenGL and OpenAL. Direct3D and Direct Sound are definatley superior to OpenGL and OpenAL because of all the Eye/Ear Candy that can be used with the API. Why would CPU/Memory/chipset/hard drive makers improve thier hardware for Linux since runs fine on low end systems? We all can thank Windows for the advancement of technology.

Nah, it's still a load of dung. Okay, M$ made their OSes more demanding, thus causing a round of updates to the hardware. But _why_ did they make this switch? To copy Apple, or course. Thus in turn, making credit go to Apple for continuing to innovate while M$ continued to copy them.

Okay, let's go after another flaw in this logic. "Why would hardware manufacterers update their software so Linux would run faster?" is more or less your statement. Hardware manufacturers don't make upgrades for the convenience of the poor souls out their running Winblows; they make upgrades so that they can sell them. As long as they can continue to up the Mhz, they can continue to sell the babies. It has nothing to do with Windows (which runs fine in any flavor on about a 700Mhz computer - I could also use said computer to run just about any game I wanted).
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.