Author Topic: "DNS ERROR"  (Read 764 times)

sach504

• Kudos: 0
"DNS ERROR"
« on: 30 November 2002, 07:06 »
My other computer running windows 98  :mad:  connects to the internet then when i try to load a page it says DNS ERROR at the bottom in the status bar in IE. Does any one know why this is happening???????

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
"DNS ERROR"
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2002, 07:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by sach504:
My other computer running windows 98   :mad:   connects to the internet then when i try to load a page it says DNS ERROR at the bottom in the status bar in IE. Does any one know why this is happening???????

probably because your dns settings aren't correct. open network connections, right click your connection and go to properties. choose tcp/ip settings and go to advanced. add 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to your dns servers and then try again.

And you are asking for windows support, wrong place i think.

and welcome to the boards.

clagh131

"DNS ERROR"
« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2002, 00:31 »
Yeah,..the DNS error.  I just found out last week,.that my endless errors weren't simply bc of  my lack of PC knowledge,.. Windows gets to take just a lil "credit."  So while I do my part my seeking REAL info..and plan to make teh "Mac switch" after the "big" tax refund in Feb.,.. I also realize that my job will never see the light.  I will be forced to understand the WINDOWS in any event.  Try techtv search with your error.  Their articles helped me breath air into my dead Windows last week.  good luck.
~Colleen

cocoamix

"DNS ERROR"
« Reply #3 on: 3 December 2002, 20:37 »
DNS errors can be the fault of your ISP as well.
Also remember, if you know the IP of the site you need to go to, there is no need for DNS at all, and you can still browse the net, as long as you just click links and not enter domain names in the addy bar.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
"DNS ERROR"
« Reply #4 on: 3 December 2002, 22:37 »
Huh?!?
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...