Author Topic: That's what happens when you use Explwhorer for too long  (Read 418 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
I had to reinstall Windoze 2000 on my computer two weeks ago (school stuff, no time to configure shit,  you get the idea). It's been such a long time I've used Explorer, I've never experienced real Windoze insecurity before because I had been using Opera, Netscape, Firefox and whatnot for so long, and I never knew what the fuss was about the popups everyone complained about. Basically, since I had been using Mac OS X for so long at school, I forgot how shitty Windows was.

Well, I have just experienced first hand Windows in all its splendour.

I was doing research on Explhorror, because for a typically obscure Microsoftian unclear reason, Firefox wouldn't work anymore, and for the first time I saw a Windows 2000 BSOD (the other few times it would just reboot).

Now it won't boot anymore. 'Windows n'a pu d

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
That's what happens when you use Explwhorer for too long
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2004, 07:29 »
That's one of the mysteries of Windows 2000. Sometimes its solid as a rock but other times it just BSODs for NO REASON AT ALL. Over the past four years I've installed and reinstalled Windows 2000 probably at least 200 times or so on different PCs. Sometimes I experienced BSODs right off the bat with a clean system (well...as clean as Windows can be). Other times it's worked well when I comfigure it good.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2004, 07:39 »
I run 2000 myself...normally its Explorer is pretty solid...though at times, BAM! and that's a reboot on the spot.  But then, after that, it works perfectly again.  :confused:

My system hasn't had any Explorer problems since I installed it (~3 weeks ago), and I have IE 5.0 still on.  At least IE5 isn't as big a RAM hog.  
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2004, 08:45 »
I have had many quirks with 2000.  Such as programs not responding.  There would be times I would try to open a program and 2000 would simply to nothing with no error message.  This really pissed me off.  Also, if a program locks up, it is usually hard to force it to close, while this is not a problem in osx or linux.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination