Author Topic: Steve Jobs health  (Read 1499 times)

davidnix71

• Kudos: 501
Steve Jobs health
« on: 16 January 2009, 01:10 »
I know and know of too many people who have died from pancreas cancer. Losing weight (becoming diabetic) is one early symptom.
What do you all think he's hiding? If there is a cure that can be bought, there should be no problem.

If he goes, Apple will never be the same.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
Re: Steve Jobs health
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2009, 01:50 »
I don't want to speculate on what he's got, because the rumor mill will certainly take care of that.  But I'm pretty sure Apple will survive without him.  It may look to outsiders like Jobs is running the whole show.  Truth is that he is mostly a charismatic and inspiring leader with 20+ levels of project/product/team groups working below him.  Although it was his vision that rebranded Apple into a hipster consumer device brand, it will be the mid- and low-level men and women who churn out the great products and devices that Apple is now known for.  I personally think Jobs has given Apple enough vision to last at least another 5 years, and I think he has grown the company into something that is now brave and smart enough to figure out by itself what to do after that.  Jobs may speak for Apple, but he is not Apple.

• VIP
  • Kudos: 223
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2009, 18:06 »
Very well said Worker201. I'm sick of all of the posts about it on MacRumors tbh. By the sounds of it, he will survive this. Not forever of course, but long enough, and when he is gone Apple should still be doing fine.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2009, 22:20 »
If its pancreatic cancer, the likeliness he will survive is very low.  20% of people live with the disease for 1 year, and only 5% make it to 5 years. But yeah, I think apple will live on. Does he really do anything anymore? Or is he just a "spokesperson"
sig.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2009, 03:17 »
My understanding is that his main job is to take meetings, and put his seal of approval on Jonathan Ive's product designs.  Not just anyone can do that, but I don't think Apple's gonna tank just because he won't be doing it for a few months (or years, if it comes to that).

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2009, 17:47 »
Yeah, I do not see that happening either
sig.