• http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
howya
« on: 30 December 2009, 23:23 »
good to see a good few regs still here.

wassup!
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Re: howya
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2009, 13:20 »
i was kind of put off last time i came here. somebody actually told me i didn't have any right to say my piece simply because i haven't dropped by in a month! considering i signed up within two weeks of this board opening up (by the way, when's the ten year anniversary? It must be soon) and i am member number 81, i think i probably have the right to say my piece, even ignoring the fact that freedom of speech should be considered a basic right (especially by those that use Free software!)

Anyway, i'll get down off my high horse and just say hello PiratePenguin! :-)
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2009, 14:33 »
i was kind of put off last time i came here. somebody actually told me i didn't have any right to say my piece simply because i haven't dropped by in a month!
Was that person the administrator?

If not then just ignore them.

considering i signed up within two weeks of this board opening up (by the way, when's the ten year anniversary? It must be soon) and i am member number 81,p
If this board is still here in two years time, is there going to be a party?

i think i probably have the right to say my piece, even ignoring the fact that freedom of speech should be considered a basic right (especially by those that use Free software!)
If freedom of speech applies then surely they have the freedom to tell you to STFU. ;D
« Last Edit: 31 December 2009, 23:16 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2009, 23:09 »
Freedom of speech should be a basic right - in a broad society.  In someone's private sandbox, there are no rights, only privileges.

And if someone would point me to the matrix of protocols designating which obeisances were due to which member numbers, that would be great.

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #4 on: 1 January 2010, 17:06 »
hey there

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #5 on: 2 January 2010, 01:46 »
Howdy, haven't seen you in a while piratePenguin.

Adiment, not familiar with you, but howdy anyways.
sig.

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
« Reply #6 on: 2 January 2010, 05:08 »
you are... apparently my old name in my profile.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #7 on: 4 January 2010, 04:23 »
Ah, etement, wasn't aware you changed your name
sig.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #8 on: 9 January 2010, 00:20 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez
Was that person the administrator?
If not then just ignore them.
oh come on! it's always an administrator! They're the only ones who reply to my posts! :-)

Don't worry, i can't even remember who it was, looks like my 'ignore' function kicks in automatically these days!

If this board is still here in two years time, is there going to be a party?
is it two years still to go? i am sure we've had this board since 2000, sometime in the spring? summer of that year?

If freedom of speech applies then surely they have the freedom to tell you to STFU. ;D
yeah, and i have the freedom to ignore that, and furthermore to bitch about it. And of course you lot all have the freedom to imply that i am somehow trying to infringe someone's freedom of speech by exercising my own! :-)

Quote from: worker
And if someone would point me to the matrix of protocols designating which obeisances were due to which member numbers, that would be great.
it's been a few months since you've ridiculed me, still no idea why you like doing it so much, but i had missed it. Nice to start 2010 off with something familiar anyway. As you well know, all i meant was i have been here since 2000 (if memory serves, see above), and it's ludicrous to have someone tell me that because i haven't posted in a few weeks, i somehow have to shut up solely on that basis, which actually made me laugh to be honest, because it reminds me of back in the day when i gave so much more of a shit about what people said on these web boards. Now i just kind of give everybody the benefit of the doubt in a way.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism