Author Topic: Apple tablet, AKA Microsoft murderer  (Read 1184 times)

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
Apple tablet, AKA Microsoft murderer
« on: 27 January 2010, 01:00 »
Ready for it? It comes on the 27th.  :D You will get these with the tablet:
10" screen :)
Samsuck* ARM processor :D
Multiple gestures :)
Should be under $1000 ::) Go Google** it!  :D *Just humour, I have nothing against Samsung  :D
**In this sense, Google is a verb.  ;D

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Apple tablet, AKA Microsoft murderer
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2010, 21:49 »
Why not post a link to it?

Most people here are too lazy to Google.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/the-apple-ipad/4

I'm pretty neutral, it's not something I'd want regardless of whether it's MS, Apple or whatever.

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISlate

No multitasking, WFT? Sounds useless to me.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2010, 21:55 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2010, 22:19 »
Seems useful enough. Just wait until you find out reading a newspaper on a PC for half an hour emits the same carbon dioxide amount as producing a newspaper.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2010, 22:37 »
Don't see how this has any advantages over other modern tablets with far more powerful CPUs that have built in WiFi, 3G, etc..and can anything from Windows to Linux. Plus other tablets don't completely assrape you if you actually want some storage space.

Personally if I want to read the newspaper, I read the newspaper. I don't bother on the PC, or bother with cell phones. I won't even bother with ipod-iphone, or even tablets. Screen size is just to limiting, and reading walls of text on anything digital really just doesn't work for me.

Take the Lenovo X200, sure its a bit thicker, but with that you get a 12.1" multitouch-screen 2.13 GHz dual core CPU, 320GB HDD, etc..and with a 7 hour battery life. http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x200-tablet-multitouch.aspx Granted it does cost $2000.

There is the Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 also 2.2-2.53GHz Core 2 Duo dual core CPU, 2GB of ram, 12.1" screen multitouch-screen, 160GB harddrive, battery life is poor at about 4.5 hours , but it can take two batteries adding another 3.5 hours of battery life. It costs about $1000, and IMO its a hugely better value then the iPad, and far more versatile.

Should also mention the above tablets also actually have decent connectivity...
« Last Edit: 27 January 2010, 22:51 by Lead Head »
sig.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2010, 22:48 »
Seems useful enough. Just wait until you find out reading a newspaper on a PC for half an hour emits the same carbon dioxide amount as producing a newspaper.
I doubt it, considering all the energy used to produce the tablet, then the fact that DRM will probably prevent content from being transferred to a newer model, meaning you'll be forced to buy when it goes obsolete. Then you have to consider all the recycling the materials from the old unit.

It does piss me off all the propaganda about buying their product helps to save the environment or is no worse for the environment than the traditional product.

I'd rather have a small netbook which I can read information in free formats on without all the DRM bullshit.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: