Author Topic: Pics of Microsoft's Sweat Shops  (Read 1635 times)

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
Re: Pics of Microsoft's Sweat Shops
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2010, 18:37 »
They don't belong to Microsoft. Those are KYE Systems sweatshops/factories.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2010, 20:23 »
It's generally a bad idea not to look in the workplace of your contractor.

If you where to contract a European or American company for an assignment, you'd take a tour in the workplace. That's what's considered normal.

Either KYE Systems was lying during the tour, there was no tour, or Microsoft didn't care about the working conditions.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2010, 20:27 »
A Chinese commenter points out that it is very common for Chinese workers to sleep during breaks, and that this happens in almost every job in almost every industry.  So it's a misleading article.  Well, I certainly wasn't expecting truth from Daily Mail.

Lead Head

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 534
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2010, 02:29 »
A lot of these contracted out companies do lie and mislead about conditions. For example, a business might spec out a specific formula for some chemical, but later on down the production company finds that they can replace X chemical with Y chemical that is cheaper while still charging the same price to original business. That is how all that stuff with lead paint started. Do you think these toy manufacturers originally spec'ed out "White Lead Paint"?
sig.

davidnix71

• Kudos: 501
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2010, 05:02 »
The Daily Mail is called the Daily Fail in a lot of places because they make stuff up. Those workers are wearing nice clean uniforms and look to be napping on break. Where I work in America, some of my coworkers nap on break, too. Single mothers who work long hours for low pay. Sounds like China? maybe that's just the way the world has become.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2010, 10:53 »
I already knew Daily Mail was such a newspaper when I saw this b3ta chellenge:
http://www.b3ta.com/challenge/dailymail/

I looked at the article, and I didn't pay attention to the source of it. I should look at that more often.

The Netherlands has a similar news paper, De Telegraaf. A lot of sensationalism and gossip. It's not really something I like to read on a daily basis.

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2010, 19:38 »
Anything that makes MS look bad is fine with me, hence the propagation.  I do not hide my biases.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2010, 03:16 »
I don't agree with these cheap slave agreements with China.

I will however point out that they would just be working for some other arsehole if the situation was reversed because these are people without rights granted to them in a fascist state. Personally, I think they should throw a tea party, or a book burning or whatever those guys do.