Author Topic: Fuck ETO and fuck pussy moderators.  (Read 1713 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Fuck ETO and fuck pussy moderators.
« on: 26 May 2010, 13:02 »
I've just been banned from an electronics help forum after being a member for over four years and made over 15,000 posts, despite being , even though I say so myself, one of the  the most helpful people there; I had a high karma and number of times thanked, the latter is a system introduced only a couple of days ago and I got 23, more than double anyone else there.

Why?

Because I volunteered to become a moderator and another moderator (Bryan) started taking the fucking piss out of me. I wrote a very restrained response (even though I felt like telling him to fuck off), there are a bit of an argument (very mild, nothing like we've had here), and the pussy administrator (ElectroMaster) banned me, despite me apologising both to him personally and via PM!

Now, I admit I'm not perfect and I didn't get one everyone there but I know my contribution to the forum was an overly positive one so there was no reason to ban me.

Fuck, Bryan, fuck ElectroMaster and fuck Electro Tech Online!

Does this experience sound familiar?

Are there any other forums I should stay clear of?

EDIT:
Link to forum and pussy moderator's post below:
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/chit-chat/107383-i-dont-want-newby-3.html#post880080

My accounts were Hero999 and Ghosty_Ghoul, the latter is a sock-puppet I made awhile ago when I first had problems with the admin. It's funny that he knew about my sock-puppet for nearly a year, (I admitted  toit and I made 68 posts with it) and he didn't ban it.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 13:08 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Fuck ETO and fuck pussy moderators.
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2010, 14:23 »
Ah, the old "I'm too busy at work *cough* lazy *cough* to do anything about improving this community, so anyone wanting to help me improve anything can go fuck themselves because that would maybe mean losing my position as an influential member" routine, by brian1.

Whenever I see that sort of behaviour anywhere, I usually run like hell.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 15:34 »
I don't know, that's one way of looking at it, I suppose.

I remember the first time I was banned for implying someone nube was ignorant because they thought they could run their car on water: what the fuck?

I think that he's just too fucking sensitive; he needs to relax and try to be more objective and pragmatic rather than reacting like an emotional little girl to anything that upsets him.

I'm glad I no longer post there, it was taking up too much of my time.

Thanks for the support, just getting it off my chest. I hope he reads this. It's probably a fun place to troll but I don't want to piss the decent people off.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 16:25 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2010, 17:56 »
However, the gross use of "newbie" and "noob" remind me of 12 year old kids playing Counter-Strike.

I don't like forums where such superficial characterizations exist.

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2010, 19:35 »
With regard to 'hero', most times when I log on to ETO I think I have been redirected to 'hero's' personal Blog pages.

I realize that it's hard to remain objective about your own behavior, but it does kinda sound like you've been stepping on some toes over there.  That brian1 certainly does sound like a prick, though.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2010, 22:24 »
I admit,  I've probably annoyed a couple of people by posting too much (at the height of my addiction, when I'd just lost my job, I would sometimes make over 70 posts a day ) and Eric would get pissed off when I had missed something, him or someone else had already said, earlier on in a thread but then who reads every single work of a long thread spanning several pages?

I've never understood why Eric would start arguing with me even though I agreed with him, for some reason he'd find a way to twist my words so they conflicted with his.

My Nazi moderator remark wasn't even my own words, I was actually a quoting someone else who was pissed off because Bryan had threatened to delete some of his grid tie inverter projects because they were "dangerous", although that only applied if they were assembled by someone who lacked the required experience to do it safely. I even apologised for the remark both via PM and on the forum

I honestly don't think I've done anything to deserve a permanent ban and have had far worse arguments on other forums without being banned.

The only two things I've done which I deserved to be banned for were:

• Swearing on the forum : some idiot kept taking the piss when I was trying to help them so I told them get the fuck out. I deleted my  post because I realised it was a stupid thing to do but the mod had already seen it and I got banned for a day.
  • And sending an abusive PM, a similar thing to before but I told them to GFO by PM, as above I  got banned for a day.
I can understand that it's an educational forum and that it's not acceptable to say fuck, cunt and wanker like it is here.

Now both of those offences were years ago and if I'd received a permaban for either, I would've accepted it but for telling a moderator he's bad because he took the piss out of me and had ago at me for reporting bad posts WTF?

The mod should've at least had a bollocking and maybe I should've been told to report such behaviour but not a fucking ban.

EDIT:
It turns out, 've only been banned for two years but I doubt I'll return.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 22:48 by Aloone_Jonez »

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 07:06 »
Sockpuppets solve this problem.

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 09:49 »
Sockpuppets solve this problem.
No they don't , for example we soon figured out it was you when we noticed your IP, the delay in getting your accounts merged was down to Refalm getting round to figure out how with the new forum software.

As you know, I need to use a proxy.and at least make an attempt to change my posting style.

Anyway, I won't be back because I no longer give a fuck. I was spending virtually all day on there. I need to help myself first  by getting a job before I help others.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 10:08 »
Good thing these days I have a sufficient enough supply of alms to just get a cheap VPS whenever I need a new proxy, lol.

Anyway, I won't be back because I no longer give a fuck. I was spending virtually all day on there. I need to help myself first  by getting a job before I help others.

LOL, why not just start a project, write some code or whatever.