Author Topic: Personal insults are a logical fallacy  (Read 1185 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Personal insults are a logical fallacy
« on: 2 September 2010, 17:03 »
When someone makes a personal insult particularly someone who doesn't know you in a debate this is called: ad hominem. This is a logical error of the person who makes it. Thus I conclude when you get angry at an ad hominem, when you do anything but ignore one you feed its legitimacy as a debate tactic. This particular fallacy is the one of smear campaigns and other rubbish. Falling for these is a fault of the victims logic - this is not an insult. The point I want to make is that giving this fallacy legitimacy is probably also why you can all bicker so horribly. You banned John Tate for a logical fallacy - possibly a mistake. That is the kind of person you all are.

Not only that but if you are making such a severe error as giving a smear OF YOU this form of legitimacy as a debate tactic by not identifying the fallacy but instead falling into a trolls well laid trap... Well, just what other mistakes have you made in your lives this blindly and carelessly!

I admit, I use this fallacy, I even personify it. This itself is an emotional signal of mine that says: "You look like an idiot an idiot to me". I obviously mean it as an opinion that I have no way of distinguishing as fact or not. Here is the thing though, I typically limit this when to have I have a) identified a logical fallacy b) you refuse to even acknowledge it. You give no retort, no further context on the argument to make it logically sound, you just give up and I really do get mad. As it stalls the rational process of the debate, what purpose is there to use words other than rationally, collectively? That is what we should all be doing. Instead you all simply ignore logic, and so then I realize individualistically that I wasted my entire time coming back and using it. Nobody could understand it, or grasp it, except Refalm. So I just ended up giving you nothing but faulty logic and fallacies, I became a troll again willingly.

I thought I had an eighth unbanning in me but it doesn't matter due to the weak nature of IP based networks and cookie based security. Only a closed shop would prevent this.

When you cannot identify specific dialogue that conceptualizes logical errors intentional or accidential... the system is blind to them... What ideological and value-judgement based mistakes have you made repeating this mistake of having literally no way to discuss logic with specific terms. Just like in programming, we all have a technical dialogue, in logic we possess this in our Civilization as well.

I believe everyone one of you needs to completely reconsider your entire philosophical makeup. You need to ruthlessly and painfully apply all these logical fallacies to your own ideas on your own in a self-interested fashion. Your long time happiness depends on this being done. Happiness itself is something in a long-term sense something that requires less mistakes and thus better long-range forms of thinking for long-range forms of happiness unlike orgasms. You are not stupid, I apologize, you are human beings who needed to be shown this.

Now I impart with the display of a VERY common fallacy and where it comes from: memes. Many people say "I live to know." Yet in fact you require knowledge and the ability to understand to survive. You are born knowing nothing about hunting, nothing about farming or shopping. Yet the meme carries on in the form of "I live for knowledge." People say this a suprising amount and with the best intentions but what I believe is that simply by uttering this you poison your subconscious. I knowing logic in confidence find incorrect catchphrases repulsive.

Everything you are that isn't just your phallus, your stomach, your heart or any of these other things in a deistic sense God did very well give you require concepts. Concepts require knowledge.

Beyond Catchphases... what political, technical, philosophical, and even social errors are you people making? I don't believe you have applied yourself to know this. Yet one thing is sure, before we can do anything but invent our own things we have to learn them somewhere. This is what I want to do with this message, don't even respond to it. I want it to stay because this message is simply my distress and indeed it is emotional: I want you to have a go at learning your logical fallacies and then applying them to everything you can so you become better on an objective basis as human beings. That is, better at understanding reality.

I love you Calum and Refalm despite my angry ad hominems in the past. You are good people, even Worker201 is a good person. Declan on the other hand is not someone I hold in high esteem. This is because I believe Declan only really seems to care about what others think of him. Why else would anyone get this upset? For Calum it is because I am a prick about it - it annoys him. To Declan it was always along the lines of "I won't stand around and have this said about me." This is just the side-effects of highschool for everyone but sociopaths and aspies. Declan is a kid, a human child.

He will never listen to me, so do one thing not for yourselves, but for Declan: help him grow up. You all helped me grow up. Members on this forum imparted vital lessons on dating, on getting into guitar, on computing and other things. I love you all.

John Tate.

My work here is done!
« Last Edit: 2 September 2010, 17:11 by Adam Hominem »

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Re: Personal insults are a logical fallacy
« Reply #1 on: 2 September 2010, 18:43 »
Could someone please summarise this?

I got tired of reading before the end of the third paragraph.

When will people (especially John Tate) ever learn that more is less and no one bothers to read longwinded posts?

I admit I've been guilty of using too many words in the past but now I know not to after attempting to read some of John's crap.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

reactosguy

• Kudos: 2
    • Microsoft Sucks !!!
« Reply #2 on: 2 September 2010, 19:16 »
I've actually witnessed you signing up as "Adam Hominem" and writing this topic from there. I then realized that "Adam Hominem" was merged with your account.

Whatever this is, I'm not really interested because I have "better" things to do. Your whole article is confusing. On top of that, you betrayed this place and because of that we're clogging the database instead of actually discussing decent topics.

If you want to leave, go and leave. I don't need to know why all the moderators should be demoted, just leave if you want to. And if you want, go buy promotemicrosoft.com and make your ASP.NET and Silverlight board game where two forums compete to see which is better.
« Last Edit: 2 September 2010, 19:53 by reactosguy »

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
« Reply #3 on: 2 September 2010, 19:39 »
Yes, please summarize -- for a child, why I am such a child.

But of course, did you announce your departure again? I can't be sure this time, but you can make up your mind now and act accordingly.
This is because I believe Declan only really seems to care about what others think of him
Yep, I argue my critical thinking of regarded-obvious concepts because I'm thinking about what you all think of me. It's hardly because I want to express myself and try to get other people to understand my thinking -- even though this rarely works, my long-winded expressions here have been extremely beneficial, for me.

How was I "upset" about you in the past? I saw that you should be barred -- for the community sake here - a once thriving community that I could see going down a dismal path along with your presence, and when I decidedly attacked you I fought fire with fire (for the first time and largely due to my depleting appreciation for a "community" that is 50% or more your presence) - don't mistake this for getting "upset". Quite simply this place has limited value with you around, and when I'm in a dump, I normally won't go to a bin. When I banned you, I did a huge share of cleaning up. A "terrified" administrator (credit to him for keeping this place run when it needed it) who you know very well unbanned you and setup a poll about banning you again (in which you lost, imo). I don't think it's me you need to say anything to.

edit: I don't care about being called "childish" on the internet - especially by someone such as yourself (there are many more respected members here). You say you want people here to help me grow up and mention dating etc, but if being grown up is about dating (and not about the internet thank goodness!), what do you know about my real life? Except for nothing? When you look at being grown up from this pov, I don't think that "not listening to you" should cause me any loss of sleep, for goodness sake.
« Last Edit: 2 September 2010, 19:49 by piratePenguin »
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.