Author Topic: Have you been permabanned from a fourm before?  (Read 751 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Have you been permabanned from a fourm before?
« on: 27 September 2010, 15:37 »
If so was it your fault i.e. you knew you were trolling and deserved it or did the administrator or moderator just decide they didn't like you?

I've been banned for all of the above reasons:

When I had just discovered how great Linux is, I signed up for a Windows help forum, trolled for a bit, before getting banned. It did piss me off at the time but now I admit, even though I didn't think it at the time, I now admit I was trolling and fully deserved the banhammer.

I got banned from another Windows forum for discussing pirate software and no I didn't post any warez links of attachments, just created a thread about it and neither condoned nor discouraged piracy. At the time I thought they were being way too paranoid but I suppose I can't expect a Windows forum which Microsoft probably regularly patrol to allow that kind of discussion for fear of being sued.

Finally, I was banned from an electronics help forum because the moderator and administrator didn't like me, despite me having one of the highest reputation scores, being a member there for four years and making 10,000 posts. All I can say is fuck him, it's his loss, I've ranted about it before but I'm not going to go down that route again.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2010, 15:39 by Aloone_Jonez »
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

adiment

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 519
Re: Have you been permabanned from a fourm before?
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2010, 16:18 »
I was banned from a tech modding forum in 2004 for not on hating macs. (it was cool to hate on mac then I guess?), that's the only instance I can remember.

bedouin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 443
    • http://homepage.mac.com/alqahtani/
Re: Have you been permabanned from a fourm before?
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2010, 12:40 »
I got banned from a music production site that had a no advertising policy.  That was fine with me.  One guy posted some sound sets he created for sale and it was deleted a couple times.  No big deal.  However, another group of guys who were clearly frauds (and turned out to be so) were trying to sell this piece of equipment that never materialized.  I was pissed off about the contradiction because the former was by far a more decent guy in my opinion and had a real product.

That, along with the general stupidity of some members, made me go out of my way to get permbanned.  No regrets.  One less distraction in my day.

I caught one or two temporary bans at other places.  Those were generally unjustified in my opinion.